Core hours 10 - 4.30
FitXR is a fitness technology company working at the cutting edge of virtual reality. We started life in a garden shed in the UK. Fast forward to today, we’re known as the team behind the award-winning VR App FitXR which is one of the top-selling games on the Oculus and Steam stores. We're a fast-growing funded scale-up breaking new grounds in how people move. With backing from top investors such as Hiro Capital we've achieved 1M+ downloads and were changing even more people's lives through virtual reality fitness. We are a global remote first company and our team spans across the UK, US and Spain. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds including fitness and some of the most successful technology and gaming companies in the world. Our mission is to redefine fitness and prove that exercise can be fun - and for everyone. We believe in a future where exercise everywhere - whether that is the gym, the park, or at home - is enhanced through engaging technology that extends your reality.
FitXR has been rated one of the top 10 in The Informations, 50 Most Promising Startups 🎉
Find out more here
Reporting to our Technology Lead, as Software Engineer at FitXR, you will be responsible for developing major game components and systems as well as solving unique and challenging technical problems across one of our five product teams. You will collaborate closely with other development team members, Product Managers and Designers to create innovative fitness experiences and platforms to transform the fitness genre.
- Help us implement and improve the core gameplay features of our existing games.
- Rapidly prototype new game concepts.
- Work closely with other development team members to design, prototype and implement new gameplay features.
- Help with development planning including identifying technical risks/issues and coming up with solutions to overcome them.
- Contribute to the development of tools and technology for scalability.
- Strong code and graphics optimisation knowledge.
- Experience in code interface design.
- Skilled in documenting and communicating complex design ideas.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrable games development experience on PC, console and mobile titles. Proven track record of successful releases.
- Demonstrable experience with Unity.
- Experience working on projects from initial conception through to delivery.
- Experience with Perforce is an added plus.
Desired Skills and Experience: Having any one of them is an added plus
- Experience in developing VR games.
- Experience with Steam API and PSN.
Our benefits are hosted on Ben which gives you flexibility to make choices that work for you.
🌎 Remote first: your life, your way of working
🏝 Unlimited annual leave
💰 Competitive salary with half year and end of year reviews
📈 Stock options
🌱 £800 per annum learning budget
🧘 £900 per annum wellbeing budget (⛑ Private Health Insurance available within this through our benefits platform)
🏡 £400 work from home budget
🤗 Bi-annual company retreat & regular get togethers
💻 Laptop & VR headset
🚴♂️ Annual travel pass & cycle to work scheme
👶 12 weeks full paid family leave