FitXR is a fitness technology company working at the cutting edge of VR and MR. We’re a funded scale-up on a mission to impact more lives than any other fitness company, and build a healthier world for everyone.
We started life in 2016 in a garden shed in the UK. Today, we’re building FitXR, one of the top-downloaded apps on the Meta Quest store. We’ve raised close to $40m from top investors such as Maveron, Hiro, BoostVC and TriplePoint.
We’re a remote-first team of just under 100 people from across the US, UK, and Spain, and we’re committed to making it simpler and more enjoyable for people to get moving. We believe that anybody can fall in love with fitness and make movement part of their life.
Our team is distributed across Europe and the US. We’re guided by our Principles of Play: eight core beliefs about how we treat each other and our community. We make space for every voice, believe in the importance of a learner’s mindset, and prioritize team success over individual glory.
The FitXR app contains a growing range of fitness studios, where members can choose from box workouts with world-class trainers like Olympian Nicola Adams, powerful HIIT workouts, and immersive dance classes. While nothing compares to trying it yourself, you can watch a trailer here.
FitXR is available on Meta Quest 2 and has been downloaded by over a million people worldwide. Featured in Forbes, Empire, T3, Washington Post, Men's Health, GQ and more. In 2022, FitXR ranked 6th in The Information’s 50 Most Promising Startups.
What you’ll do 👀
- Modernise our data infrastructure: we are in the middle of migrating to a much more scalable data stack, for example, establishing dbt. This is the perfect time to join the team and make a mark on how we operate.
- Design new data models and deliver data products for the data team, internal stakeholders, and third parties.
- Automate our regular analyses and reporting.
- Analyse the performance of our data pipelines, improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- Build testing and monitoring to detect and correct data problems as they happen.
- Help internal stakeholders understand data definitions and relationships.
- Data governance, reconciliation and data protection.
You should apply if ✅
- You have professional experience using advanced SQL to manipulate large relational and non-relational datasets (transactions, complex joins, CTEs, window functions, stored procedures).
- You have experience using dbt; establishing a new project is preferable but not necessarily required.
- You can build large, complex datasets, understand the data in detail, identify issues, and ensure data quality.
- You are an expert in understanding the data requirements for an analysis and subsequently shipping data to support.
- You are a great communicator comfortable working with engineers, product teams, analysts, and stakeholders across the business.
- You know how to spot an opportunity to automate repetitive tasks to be a force multiplier for your team.
- You prioritise your work to focus on what’s most important.
- You have used visualisation tools such as PowerBI, Looker or Tableau.
- As a plus, you have experience with Git + Github, Docker, or a data scripting language like Python, R, Julia, etc.
Our mission is to make fitness fun and accessible for everyone. To build inclusive products, we need to build an inclusive team. Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you only are a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot. We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at FitXR.
Our interview process takes place on Google Hangouts and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Initial screen (talent team)
- Hiring Manager
- Technical Task
- Cross-functional team interview
- Final interview including task
Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we’ll do our best to provide assistance.
Our benefits are hosted on Ben
which gives you flexibility to make choices that work for you.
🌎 Fully remote: your life, your way of working
🏝 Unlimited annual leave
💰 Competitive salary with half year and end of year reviews
📈 Stock options
🌱 £800 per annum learning budget
🧘 £600 per annum wellbeing budget
🏡 £400 work from home budget
🤗 Bi-annual company retreat & regular get togethers
💻 Quest 2 VR headset
⛑ Private Health Insurance (optional)
🚴♂️ Annual travel pass & cycle to work scheme
👶 12 weeks full paid family leave (this include bereavement, adoption, paternity, maternity)
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options FitXR provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure FitXR is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at FitXR
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)