Core hours 11 - 3
'FitXR is a fitness technology company working at the cutting edge of virtual reality. We started life in a garden shed in the UK. Fast forward to today, we’re known as the team behind the award-winning VR App FitXR which is one of the top-selling games on the Oculus and Steam stores.We're a fast-growing funded scale-up breaking new grounds in how people move. With backing from top investors such as Hiro Capital we've achieved 1M+ downloads were changing even more people's lives through virtual reality fitness.We are a global remote first company and our team spans across the UK, US and Spain. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds including fitness and some of the most successful technology and gaming companies in the world. Our mission is to redefine fitness and prove that exercise can be fun - and for everyone. We believe in a future where exercise everywhere - whether that is the gym, the park, or at home - is enhanced through engaging technology that extends your reality.
FitXR have been rated one of the top 10 in The Informations, 50 Most Promising Startups
Find out more here
As a React Native Developer you will take ownership of the code base of our new mobile app for iOS and Android that has been developed in React Native and is due to launch in the coming months. You’ll work across the full development lifecycle, building scalable, reusable components and front end libraries, ensuring code is well tested and highly performant. Collaborating with the product manager and UX/UX Designers to translate requirements/wire-frames into high quality code and maximise components for maximum performance. You’ll be an advocate of general engineering best practice and drive innovation to ensure a best of breed app, taking a lead role.
- Work as part of a small team to build features for the mobile applications.
- Architect, build and maintain excellent React Native applications with clean code.
- Implement pixel perfect UI's that match designs. Implement clean, modern, smooth animations and transitions that provide an excellent user experience.
- Integrate third-party API's.
- Write unit and integration tests.
- Release applications to IOS and Google Play stores.
- Work with native modules when required.
- Work as part of a small team, which will include other developers, product manager, QA professional, UX designer and UI designer
- Complete two-four week sprints and participate in sprint retrospectives and daily standups.
- Assist with building estimates.
You should apply if you have ✅
- 2+ years of professional experience working as a React Native Developer.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience.
- Experience working with Swift, Objective C, and Java a plus but not required.
- Meaningful experience working on large, complex systems.
- Ability to take over your work. Every day is a challenge to ensure you are performing to the expectations you and your team have agreed upon, both in regards to estimates and to the general process.
Our benefits are hosted on Ben which gives you flexibility to make choices that work for you.
🌎 Remote first: your life, your way of working
🏝 Unlimited annual leave
💰 Competitive salary with half year and end of year reviews
📈 Stock options
🌱 £800 per annum learning budget
🧘 £900 per annum wellbeing budget (⛑ Private Health Insurance available within this through our benefits platform)
🏡 £400 work from home budget
🤗 Bi-annual company retreat & regular get togethers
💻 Laptop & VR headset
🚴♂️ Annual travel pass & cycle to work scheme
👶 12 weeks full paid family leave