'FitXR is a fitness technology company working at the cutting edge of virtual reality. We started life in a garden shed in the UK. Fast forward to today, we’re known as the team behind the award-winning VR App FitXR which is one of the top-selling games on the Oculus and Steam stores.We're a fast-growing funded scale-up breaking new grounds in how people move. With backing from top investors such as Hiro Capital we've achieved 1M+ downloads were changing even more people's lives through virtual reality fitness.We are a global remote first company and our team spans across the UK, US and Spain. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds including fitness and some of the most successful technology and gaming companies in the world. Our mission is to redefine fitness and prove that exercise can be fun - and for everyone. We believe in a future where exercise everywhere - whether that is the gym, the park, or at home - is enhanced through engaging technology that extends your reality.
FitXR have been rated one of the top 10 in The Informations, 50 Most Promising Startups 🎉
As Financial Manager at FitXR, you will be in charge of managing and optimising the day-to-day finance processes within the company, ensuring that we have timely and accurate data to drive our decision making. You will spend your time split between helping the Financial Controller set up best-in-class financial controls and ensuring teams understand and “own” their numbers by providing support and analysis.
What you’ll do 👀
- Be responsible for the delivery of accurate and timely monthly reporting, which includes the management accounts
- Meet with key stakeholders to effectively communicate performance against budget
- Be responsible for the everyday running of the core finance team; this covers the following functions:
- Accounts payable - manage processing and paying invoices on time whilst maximising our creditor days;
- Cash - forecasting and managing our cashflow.
- Own the monthly payroll process, liaising with our People team and third-party payroll providers
- Autonomously drive change in our team and across the wider business to improve processes, identify efficiencies and deliver insight
You should apply if ✅
- High level of attention to detail coupled with strong interpersonal skills
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA with at least 1 year of accounting and finance experience post qualification
- Enjoy reporting, always delivering accurate and engaging content
- Organised and adept at time management and prioritisation
- A Microsoft Excel expert.... and willing to learn more
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
Our mission is to make fitness fun and accessible for everyone. To build inclusive products, we need to build an inclusive team. Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you only are a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot. We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at FitXR.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any kind at this time!
Our interview process takes place on Google Hangouts and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Talent team interview
- Technical & Values Interview
- At home Task
- Final stage with cross functional peers
Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we’ll do our best to provide assistance.
Our benefits are hosted on Ben which gives you flexibility to make choices that work for you.
🌎 Remote first: your life, your way of working
🏝 Unlimited annual leave
💰 Competitive salary with half year and end of year reviews
📈 Stock options
🌱£800 per annum learning budget
🧘 £900 per annum wellbeing budget (⛑ Private Health Insurance available within this through our benefits platform)
🏡£400 work from home budget
🤗 Quarterly Virtual Summits and One Annual In Person Summit
💻 Laptop & VR headset
🚴♂️ Annual travel pass & cycle to work scheme
👶 12 weeks full paid family leave
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options FitXR provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure FitXR is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at FitXR
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)