Core hours 11 - 3
FitXR is a fitness technology company working at the cutting edge of virtual reality. We started life in a garden shed in the UK. Fast forward to today, we’re known as the team behind the award-winning VR App FitXR which is one of the top-selling games on the Oculus and Steam stores. We're a fast-growing funded scale-up breaking new grounds in how people move. With backing from top investors such as Hiro Capital we've achieved 1M+ downloads were changing even more people's lives through virtual reality fitness. We are a global remote first company and our team spans across the UK, US and Spain.
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds including fitness and some of the most successful technology and gaming companies in the world. Our mission is to redefine fitness and prove that exercise can be fun - and for everyone. We believe in a future where exercise everywhere - whether that is the gym, the park, or at home - is enhanced through engaging technology that extends your reality.
FitXR have been rated one of the top 10 in The Informations, 50 Most Promising Startups
Find out more here!
We are looking for an exceptional engineer to join our Platform Team where you’ll take ownership of building platform tooling that maintains and scales our infrastructure across our cross-functional product engineering teams. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to work autonomously, take on a challenge and make a big impact to FitXR’s technology stack and engineering principles.
We’re looking for an engineer who recognises platform as a piece of internal product. Directly engaging with engineers across the business to understand what’s slowing them down, what tooling we are missing and how platform can ensure product teams have the velocity, reliability and scalability we desire. Our aim is to provide our engineers with the best deployment experience: continuous integration, continuous delivery, a great observability stack providing insights into application and service performance through logging, metrics, alerting and traceability, and all of the tooling teams require to take ownership of their services.
- Create platform tooling/APIs to be used by product engineers to abstract infrastructure as code from the product teams.
- Enable product squads to build, deploy, maintain and own their services through tooling.
- Ensure teams are empowered to scale their services, that our infrastructure is secure, and that reliability is at the heart of everything we do.
- To adopt managed services and, where required, provide the tooling and education to teams to aid with the uptake and adoption.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and maintenance of our current and future CI/CD solutions
- Support product teams with their CI/CD requirements
- Ensure our CI/CD pipelines support our SDLC, enforcing best practices and enabling fast feature delivery
- Contribute to the design, implementation and maintenance of our observability stack.
- Ensure our platform services have the required levels of up time and quality of service.
- Work with engineering to define and agree what our service and platform standards are.
- Support product teams in building services that comply with the implemented standards.
Skills and experience required
- Familiarity with AWS (or an alternative cloud provider) and the knowhow to provision resources programmatically (IaC).
- Experience setting up automation tooling, pipelines for CI/CD and the ability to design systems and pick technology that scales
- Exposure setting up and maintaining monitoring, logging and alerting tools (think Prometheus, Grafana, PagerDuty etc.)
- The ability to work well with engineers as customers, understand their needs and support their goals.
- Understand and able to build for reliability and resiliency, with appropriate SLA/SLOs. depending on service and product requirements.
- An ability to architect and build with security and data protection in mind.
Our benefits are hosted on Ben which gives you flexibility to make choices that work for you.
🌎 Remote first: your life, your way of working
🏝 Unlimited annual leave
💰 Competitive salary with half year and end of year reviews
📈 Stock options
🌱 £800 per annum learning budget
🧘 £900 per annum wellbeing budget (⛑ Private Health Insurance available within this through our benefits platform)
🏡 £400 work from home budget
🤗 Bi-annual company retreat & regular get togethers
💻 Laptop & VR headset
🚴♂️ Annual travel pass & cycle to work scheme
👶 12 weeks full paid family leave