Core hours 11 - 3
We are looking for an engineer to join our Core Platform Team to support our infrastructure and services while driving the best DevOps practices throughout the organization.
As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll work collaboratively with other engineering team members to deploy software, maintain and operate our systems. You will assist in automating and streamlining our operations and processes, by maintaining tools for deployment, operations, and monitoring of key systems. You will play an important part in troubleshooting and resolving issues in our production environments and maintaining uptime for our internal/external applications and platforms.
If you love designing services with leading DevOps practices, know the critical importance of network and data security, have excellent problem-solving skills, and are able to communicate and work effectively with diverse business groups to create consumer-grade services, we’d be delighted to hear from you.
- Gather requirements, build infrastructure and tooling to support FitXR product initiatives.
- Provide technical mentorship, troubleshooting expertise and architectural insight to colleagues across the business.
- Build tools and processes to reduce barriers, decrease friction and speed up the delivery of products.
- Scale existing technologies or promote new technologies to out-pace our growth projections.
- Evangelize next-generation Cloud products and processes, experiment with their implementation and bring them to fruition.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams on microservices system architecture and API design
- Support 24/7 production systems with occasional on-call duty
- Be a conduit for technical expertise through liaising with our infrastructure partners to support 2nd and 3rd party systems.
- Provide incident resolution for all technical production issues.
- Support the company’s Data Protection Officer and policies to ensure GDPR and DPA compliance.
What you’ll experience
- Work closely with development and QA teams to ensure end-to-end quality.
- Key player in recommendations to improve the stability, security, efficiency and scalability of systems.
- Work towards implementation of “push button” deployment at scale with zero downtime.
- Fostering positive relationships with multi-functional teams.
- Important role in keeping users, key stakeholders and leadership advised through regular reporting and communications.
Required Skills and Experience
- Confidence with designing and managing production Unix container ecosystems ( MUST HAVE Kubernetes and AWS EKS, possibly with Docker, service discovery, service registry)
- Proven experience with Jenkins-based CI/CD including; integration, operations, management and maintenance.
- Relevant experience in IT Infrastructure, including general Unix and Windows sysadmin skills in OS, networking and process level.
- Strong programming and scripting fundamentals (ASP.NET, GO, C#, .NET, Powershell, Bash)
- Consistent record of securely architecting and managing cloud platforms like AWS using Infrastructure as Code techniques
- Understanding in designing and managing alerting platforms using monitoring tools such as Prometheus and Grafana.
- Ability to solve problems by working with team members to resolve production issues.
- Technical skills in SQL and NoSQL database technologies, CDN, network analysis tools and distributed systems.
- Experience with software version control systems.
- A default desire to write tools and applications to automate work rather than do everything by hand.
- Function with SLAs/OLAs and KPIs.
- Understanding of enterprise network architecture with particular emphasis on load balancing, firewalls, proxies, ACLs, DNS and virtual networks.
- Natural inclination to write solid documentation, playbooks, how-to guides and troubleshooting materials
- Highly organised with a logical approach and ability to work calmly under pressure
- Adapt at prioritising multiple issues in a high pressure environment
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Experience in cyber security and data protection best practices
- AWS or other recognized sysadmin certifications such as ITIL, CompTIA, LPIC etc.
- Technical understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Relevant knowledge and experience of Agile working practices
- Good understanding of TLS encryption and digital signature technology
- Experience working as an Engineer in video game production
- Experience working with Software Engineering teams to ensure GDPR and DPA compliance for data processing in production environments.
What you’ll be measured on
- DevOps Practices
- Infrastructure engineering
- Back-Eng Development
Our principles of play
- Community first
- Every player matters
- Think, don’t overthink
- Stronger together
- Deliver greatness
- Learn every day
- Explore, measure, adapt
- Build the future
Our benefits are hosted on Ben which gives you flexibility to make choices that work for you.
🌎 Remote first: your life, your way of working
🏝 Unlimited annual leave
💰 Competitive salary with half year and end of year reviews
📈 Stock options
🌱 £800 per annum learning budget
🧘 £900 per annum wellbeing budget (⛑ Private Health Insurance available within this through our benefits platform)
🏡 £400 work from home budget
🤗 Bi-annual company retreat & regular get togethers
💻 Laptop & VR headset
🚴♂️ Annual travel pass & cycle to work scheme
👶 12 weeks full paid family leave