3–4 days per week at home
Core hours 11 - 3
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're a Data team that does it all: big data engineering, machine learning, and deep-dive analytics and insight. We're a diverse, global team who create Data solutions to provide an unrivalled customer experience. Whether it's churning gigabytes of ecommerce data, using AI to recommend the latest trends, or understanding our customers better than anyone else, we use data to promote FARFETCH's growth.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
We are looking for a BI Developer to join the Reporting Solutions Hub team. Working in a Hub and Spoke model the Hub team's goal is to increase the output quality, quantity and efficiency of Reporting and Analytics teams across the organisation. You will feel comfortable working with stakeholders, understanding their requirements, proposing technical solutions that are useful, scalable and efficient and supporting the build of data models and reporting.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Define Best Practices for our analytics data modelling and chosen BI stack
- Champion the Analytics and Developer Communities
- Provide training and onboarding support to Analysts and Developers
- Support with the Administration of our BI stack (currently dbt and Looker)
- Work with data analysts around the company to understand and translate their needs into data model designs (conceptual, logical and physical data models using industry best practices to ensure high data quality)
- Develop, optimise and review data models constructed in SQL, assessing their value, performance and design
- Keep up to date with advances in Business Intelligence technology and provide guidance to developer communities on latest releases
- Work as part of an Agile team
WHO YOU ARE
- Experienced in data modelling and architecture techniques for BI and Analytics (e.g. Kimball, Inmon etc)
- Experienced in using modern cloud-based tools (GCP or Azure and DBT are preferred)
- Experienced in developing and administering modern Business Intelligence tools such as Looker, Tableau or Power BI
- Fluency in SQL with experience of optimising query performance
- Confident communicator comfortable with communicating to stakeholders with varying technical abilities and in different settings; eliciting requirements, delivering training, chairing developer community meetings
- Active learner
- Experienced in abiding by and contributing to Data Governance best practices, including the creation of important artefacts, such as the Data Dictionary and Business Glossary
- History of learning and applying new techniques and technologies to solve problems
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
We are looking for an experienced BI Developer to join our growing Reporting Solutions Hub team. Working in a 'Hub and Spoke' model this role will support developers and analysts across the business to deliver high quality, high value, scalable Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions.