3–4 days per week at home
Core hours 11 - 3
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We are an award-winning full service in-house Legal, Ethics and Compliance function. We're based in the UK, Russia, Portugal, China, Italy, UAE and the US. We provide leadership and advice on strategic projects across all business units, whilst developing our role as an integrated partner within the business to make sure FARFETCH goes from strength to strength.
Our office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub. With an open-plan space, ideal for collaborative working, an outdoor terrace for a team lunch, or a dedicated studio for a yoga class.
This is a highly visible and exciting role in a well-regarded and dynamic team. Reporting directly to Senior Legal Counsel, you will enjoy a broad role, delivering high quality commercial legal advice and services across multiple business divisions and operational territories in conjunction with our wider international legal team [sitting in Russia, Portugal, United Arab Emirates, China and the US].
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Give advice on all types of commercial matters alongside the Head of Legal (Commercial), Senior Legal Counsel, Legal Counsel and Paralegal in the London office
- Work alongside Head of Legal (Commercial) and Senior Legal Counsel on material and strategic business projects across the group (including expansion of our Luxury New Retail business unit, amongst others)
- Support various FARFETCH business divisions with general commercial contracts including those entered into with clients of Farfetch Platform Solutions (FPS)
- Advise a number of commercial teams including FPS, and Browns (encompassing advice to both online and offline functions)
- Assist with 'business as usual' matters, including order fulfilment, advising the payment processing team and the people team
- Work with our Senior Legal Counsel and Paralegal on template contracts and contract capture and management
WHO YOU ARE
- English or US law qualified lawyer with 1-2 years' PQE as a corporate / commercial lawyer
- Excellent and varied training and experience from a law firm or in-house team
- Ideally have some prior in-house exposure, perhaps in the form of a client secondment
- Excellent communication, negotiating and drafting skills
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Passionate about fast moving consumer-led businesses and technology services
- A team player who is driven, forward thinking, robust, innovative and agile, with commercial acumen
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
We are looking for a Commercial Legal Counsel to join our growing LEC team!