3–4 days per week at home
Core hours 11 - 3
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're a Data team that does it all: big data engineering, machine learning, and deep-dive analytics and insight. We're a diverse, global team who create Data solutions to provide an unrivalled customer experience. Whether it's churning gigabytes of ecommerce data, using AI to recommend the latest trends, or understanding our customers better than anyone else, we use data to promote FARFETCH's growth.
Our office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub. With an open-plan space, ideal for collaborative working, an outdoor terrace for a team lunch, or a dedicated studio for a yoga class.
Aligned to our Marketing department, the Konnekt team is part of a vision to build a autonomous and empowered Data Science / Data Engineering team that moves fast to bring big impact with some of our most challenging and high visibility projects. We work in Agile methodology, having daily standups, retrospectives, sprint planning. Working collaboratively as a team and with our business colleagues, both here in London and across our other locations, you'll shape the technical direction of a critically important part of Farfetch.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work on data engineering challenges that arise from Farfetch's scale and data growth.
- Automate data processes to align with specific business use cases with great impact in our growth.
- You will work cross-functionally with several teams, creating solutions that deal with large volumes of data.
- You will work with the team to set and maintain standards and development practises.
- You will be a keen advocate of quality and continuous improvement.
- you will work with tech and business stakeholders to make sure that implementation is meeting the needs.
- You will maintain and expand our existing ecosystem of interconnected data models.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have experience building automated data pipelines.
- You have experience processing data using SQL language.
- You can productionise your code, but also know that something done is better than something perfect, and iterate over time to improve it;
- You have experience or are willing to learn kubernetes
- You have experience in a cloud environment, Azure or GCP;
- You have experience in continuous delivery principles: version control, unit and automated tests;
- You have skills in programming languages: Python or Java;
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
In this 12 month contract you will play an important role in our Data Engineering team, being responsible for helping build and improve our data warehouse and infrastructure overall