3–4 days per week at home
Core hours 11 - 3
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're a Data team that does it all: big data engineering, machine learning, and deep-dive analytics and insight. We're a diverse, global team who create Data solutions to provide an unrivalled customer experience. Whether it's churning gigabytes of ecommerce data, using AI to recommend the latest trends, or understanding our customers better than anyone else, we use data to promote FARFETCH's growth.
Our office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub. With an open-plan space, ideal for collaborative working, an outdoor terrace for a team lunch, or a dedicated studio for a yoga class.
Are you looking for an exciting challenge? This is a phenomenal opportunity to join us in the Central Data team driving growth and optimization across Farfetch. We are looking for a highly numerate person who is excited to solve business problems by working with big data, interpreting numbers, and consulting with business leaders on translating insights into real actions and solutions based on commercial objectives. This role is for someone who is self-driven, independent, and wants to drive significant impact. You will have the opportunity to embrace working in a fast paced environment leading teams in analytics across Brand, Acquisition, and Loyalty and Retention. Reporting to the Senior Head of Analytics you will be a thought leader in scoping vision and strategy involving how we leverage techniques and new technologies to solve complex problems. You will gain in-depth knowledge of our business and drive value in our business using data.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will lead Brand, Acquisition and Loyalty and Retention Analytics where you will drive the strategy for these teams aligned with stakeholders across the business to achieve our company objectives, in collaboration with Data PM's and managers in your team
- You will lead, manage, develop and grow high performing teams
- Manage a team of managers, offering support both in their daily life and the development of their skills for growing their career
- Recruit amazing talent and build a high performing team
- You will identify and drive solutions to ensure value-add inspired by these teams aligned to company objectives, and be able to demonstrate and communicate the value of this team to the business
- You will be an enabler for your team by identifying challenges and blockers and driving solutions to mitigate and solve
- You will collaborate with PM's, functional leads in FTech and business partners on budget planning and resource allocation to ensure optimal outcomes to achieve company objectives
- You will be formulating and owning OKR's and metrics aligned to the company and data strategy to give direction and to measure project success. You will align these with relevant teams and report progress and blockers back to leadership in Data
- You will continuously collaborate and build strong partnerships with our stakeholders, managing their expectations and driving optimal ways of working to deliver initiatives together effectively and efficiently
- You will evolve processes to ensure efficient ways of working to maximise output from the team
- You will proactively identify gaps, turn them into implementable solutions and build business cases as needed to take these initiatives forward
- You will drive and support core initiatives in Data e.g. data literacy and be an extended voice to other data teams to drive best practices on data governance and documentation
- You will lead on innovation and nextgen thinking for Analytics in Farfetch and the industry
- You will continuously strive to raise the bar of what we do in data at Farfetch
WHO YOU ARE
- You have extensive experience in Data Analytics from defining metrics, to deep-dive analysis, to experimentation and forecasting
- You have analytics experience in customer behaviour, lifetime value, segmentation, experimentation, cohort analysis, etc., ideally in an e-commerce business
- You can easily transition between strategic thinking/planning and execution and set and communicate this to get things done.
- You are a smart problem solver, who does not hesitate to get hands-on to unblock your teams and deliver quality solutions quickly.
- You are able to manage multiple tasks/priorities simultaneously, respond to work with urgency and understand deadlines.
- You are highly confident in dealing with ambiguity and scoping work with keen attention to detail
- You have strong stakeholder management skills
- You are commercially minded with the ability to translate business needs into technical requirements, and then storytell the data and insights back to the business with whys and so-whats
- You are a strong communicator who can present complex solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You are an experienced Head used to managing and developing talent, both individual contributors and managers
- You have excellent planning, organisational and communication skills
- You have a degree in economics, statistics, mathematics, computer science or related field
- You have working ability with SQL & Excel
- You have knowledge of Python, R, or similar preferred
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
We are looking for a highly numerate person who is excited to solve business problems by working with big data, interpreting numbers, and consulting with business leaders on translating insights into real actions and solutions based on commercial objectives.