3–4 days per week at home
Core hours 11 - 3
Disruptive, unexpected and revolutionary in our own way... Browns changed the course of retail and fashion history forever when it opened in 1970. Born in London but celebrated globally, we're the one-stop shop for the best luxury fashion including established designers and emerging talent; renowned for our influence in fashion and style, and our innovative approach to retail and high-level service. Powered by Farfetch, we continue to disrupt the retail landscape to deliver a global luxury shopping experience of the future, championing creativity and originality.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Together we are here to make a difference and to spread kindness. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone.
We're a data driven Merchandising team supporting Browns to maximise commercial opportunities through effective management of Browns inventory, driving sales through improved availability, forecasting and maximizing profits. We do this by supporting all channels across our stores, brownsfashion.com and Farfetch. Our team encompass Merchandising, Strategic Pricing and Digital Production.
Our London oﬃce is located in Old Street, London's tech hub, home to a broad range of teams including Ecommerce, Tech & Product, Brand Engagement, Buying, Merchandising and People. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideals, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
The Assistant Merchandiser provides operational and strategic support to the Merchandiser, and working alongside the buying team will review and react to performance using key trade levers in order to help achieve the department targets.
What you'll do
- You will analyse trade performance to identifying best and worst sellers, and taking action in order to maximise sales opportunities.
- You will monitor intake into the business, supporting the MAA to identify opportunities or risk and take relevant action.
- You will support the Merchandiser and Buy team curing seasonal strategy planning, reviewing lessons learnt for your department and presenting to senior management.
- You will oversee store rotations and management of stock movement to ensure our stores amaze customers, working retail, visual merchandising, operations and buying.
- You will coach your direct report and inspire your wider merchandising team.
- You will support the merchandiser during end of season markdown, working with the MAA to collate feedback from brands to inform our MD strategy.
Who you are
- You have previous experience in merchandising within retail.
- You are a supportive people manager and role model, able to coach a direct report.
- You are a strategic thinker with an emphasis on operational excellence.
- You are commercially minded and able to identify opportunities and risks across the business.
- You are a great problem solver who can combine analytical capabilities and creative thinking to create practical insights and solutions.
- You encourage those around you, striving for everyone to express their opinions and ideas within a safe space.
- Equity within the Farfetch group and annual bonus/or commission.
- 25 day holidays (plus bank holidays) and holiday trading.
- Flexible benefits - Private Insurance, Dental Insurance, Season Ticket Loan, Employee Saving's Isa's, ClassPass and more
- Discount off Browns of 50%
- Life Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance & Pension Scheme.
- Flexible working environment and more!
Equal Opportunities Statement
- We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. Browns Fashion is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
Browns Fashion are looking for an experienced Assistant Merchandiser to join the team!