Core hours 11 - 3
Career Opportunity - Software Engineer
Location – USA Remote
EBET is developing ground-breaking and engaging wagering products for esports fans and bettors around the world. EBET is one of the leading global providers of esports product, platform, and marketing solutions. The company operates a licensed online gambling platform, gogawi.com, that offers real money betting on esports events and professional sports from around the world in a secure environment. The company is developing esports predictive gaming technologies that allow distribution to both customers and business partner.
At EBET, we are at an exciting rapid growth phase, expanding our business across multiple markets and service offerings. We are developing our Centres of Excellence including Malta as our Marketing Centre of Excellence, Dublin Ireland, and USA as our Technology Centres of Excellence.
About this Role
EBET has some software that could be considered as a “legacy” codebase - moderately-sized, nothing notoriously bad but nothing cutting edge either. The system will need some care and attention, so we are looking for a couple of engineers to join our small team to maintain, improve and evolve this system.
We expect that after joining the company you will:
- During the first month you’ll explore the system. Play with some services, make some small changes, deploy the service. Maybe draw some diagrams (either high-level or specific to the services) to highlight important details.
- During first three months you’ll get familiar with the core system components and data structures. You’ll learn the operational and support staff: where to look for logs or metrics, how to troubleshoot issues, what are most common (and uncommon) problems. Possibly we (as a team) would implement a new business feature or two.
- In six months, we expect you to take a technical ownership of a few small services. You’ll know the role of services in the overall ecosystem (and the value provided). You’ll also be able to suggest and prioritize technical improvements (aligned to the service role and evolution needs).
The services are hosted in AWS and are mostly developed with Java and Scala. However, what we are really looking in the candidate for this role is:
- You are not scared of large unknown system(s). You can figure out a lot of things yourself based on the code and testing.
- You can plan, implement, and test changes in the system you touch. Moreover, you can consider (and even better – test) any impact on other systems. Some unnecessary coupling and invisible dependencies are expected in the system.
- You are pragmatic about the software quality. Yes, we want to improve the system and eventually make it perfect. But we just can’t do it overnight. Things should be prioritized, and some imperfection may have a place.
Nice-to-have (but not required):
- 5+ years of professional experience building consumer-facing software
- Experience working with the system(s) you did not write initially
- BS/MS in computer science or relevant field experience
- Willing to take risks, fail fast and iterate quickly
- Background in financial services, trading or sports betting
At EBET we welcome and enjoy a very positive diverse working environment with every individual working as part of one team to achieve great things together. Our cutting-edge technology enables us to achieve our desire as Best-In-Class in our industry, and best in class experience to our employees. We offer excellent career opportunities in a fair and transparent environment while constantly promoting new skill, development and growth for all our employees. We have a brilliant culture that promotes creativity, autonomy and connecting employees on a variety of projects across our expanding organisation.
We are an Employee Centric led organisation who promotes continuous improvements across all aspects of the employee life cycle. Employee wellness and engagement form a constant focus for enhancing our employee experiences. We offer a flexible working environment with excellent terms and conditions of employment.
If this opportunity excites and you would like to be part of our ambitious growing organisation across multiple locations - apply online today.
We look forward to hearing from you.
** We do not want to miss you; hence we recommend you check your inbox and Spam folders for updates from our recruitment team at EBET.