Remote-first - With Office for Co-Working
Fully flexible hours
Working alongside the Group Financial Controller, you will be responsible for completion of the monthly Group financial reporting and statutory audit requirements, as well as supporting with quarterly forecasting, treasury and cashflow processes. The role will include ad-hoc projects on a regular basis across all areas of group finance.
Day to day we’ll trust you to:
- Manage the month end process for the Group companies and Group consolidated accounts;
- Oversee the year end audit process and statutory account preparation for the group companies and the overall group consolidation;
- Act as a business partner to the wider business to provide financial support to key departments in the group services company;
- Support the completion of accurate quarterly forecasts;
- Support the internal treasury function including preparing regular cashflow forecasts, and assessing our hedging requirements;
- Act as a key point of contact in the Finance team for knowledge and understanding of the key Finance systems and to be able to identify areas of improvement and manage system development;
- Develop & reinforce financial controls, both system and policy/procedure driven; and
- Develop the accounting policies and liaise with senior stakeholders in order to ensure that they are both technically and commercially sound
You’ll need to have:
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain financial information in a clear manner to the wider business;
- Good analytical skills, a logical and systematic working approach with a proactive enthusiastic mindset;
- Proven organisational and project management skills, and the ability to work and collaborate with the wider business on large projects; and
- Confident in ability to research new and unknown technical areas. Draw conclusions and recommendations from the research.
- A good knowledge and understanding of accounting principles is essential, ACA, or equivalent, qualified with a minimum of one year post qualification experience;
- Experience of leading both internal and external reporting functions;
- Strong excel skills which include the ability to sort and analyse large data sets through the use of pivot tables and key excel functions (including vlookups, sumifs, pivot tables);
- Good knowledge of accounting systems (Microsoft GP is preferable but not essential); and
- Ability to identify and solve problems and communicate the solutions and associated benefits back to the wider business and finance team.
- Passion and determination to learn and take on new challenges;
- A problem-solving mindset that can handle and resolve complex issues;
- A tenacious, proactive and personable individual with the ability to work collaboratively with a wide variety of people across other departments and external advisors;
- Ability to support and develop junior team members;
- Ability to work well under pressure within tight deadlines and remain effective;
- Ability to initiate, manage and respond to change in a positive manner; and
- Attention to detail and a drive to interpret and analyse financial data.
What’s in it for you?
At Emerald, we value our people. Becoming a part of our team means you’ll join a trusting and flexible environment and we've been flexified so you can trust that we're a truly flexible workplace. You'll also have numerous opportunities to progress your career, as well as access to professional development and the opportunity to learn new skills.
You’ll receive a wide range of benefits, such as 30 days annual leave, remote flexible working, up to 20% performance bonus, 6% pension contribution and various benefits aimed at supporting your wellbeing and work-life balance.
Emerald Group is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. If you would like to request any accommodations/adjustments from application through to interview stages, please complete the relevant section within the application or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.