The Database Engineer will work as part of The Data Team supporting, designing, developing, and delivering data and database solutions. This is a fixed term 12-month contract with the potential to be extended. The role will primarily involve working with colleagues and partners to help build a new data platform in Azure and subsequently migrating existing data marts from our existing SQL server data warehouse onto the new platform.
Day to day we’ll trust you to:
- Database or data design, development and delivery for systems and integrations between systems
- Dimensional modelling and data mart design
- Developing data pipelines in Azure to extract, transform and load data into the new data platform
- Redevelopment and refactoring of existing SSIS ETLs in Azure
- Helping upskill existing data engineers on working in Azure
You’ll need to have:
- Experience building scalable, performant, data pipelines in an Azure environment
- Ideally Microsoft certified or working towards any of the following:
- Microsoft Azure and Data Fundamentals
- Microsoft Azure Data Engineer
- Administering Relational Databases on Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of Azure Synapse
- Knowledge of Source Control (Azure devops)
- Knowledge of XQuery
- Knowledge of Azure Data Factory and Databricks desirable
- Strong Database technologies knowledge (Microsoft SQL Server version 2014)
- Advanced knowledge and experience of SQL programming
- Database Development experience of various database platforms
- Database design experience (E.g. Relational, Non-Relational)
- Dimensional Modelling & dart mart development experience
- Database technologies experience of SQL Server essential (desirable in: PostgreSQL, MySQL, NoSQL/Big data i.e. Hadoop)
- ETL technology experience (E.g. SQL Server integration services - Azure Data Factory desirable)
- Programming / Scripting in python essential (desirable in C# Powershell)
- Knowledge of Marklogic desirable
- Knowledge of ITIL service management desirable
- Great Self-motivation
- Be a team player but also be able to work on own initiative
- Experienced Problem solver
What’s in it for you?
At Emerald, we value our people. Becoming a part of our team means you’ll join a trusting and flexible environment and we've been flexified so you can trust that we're a truly flexible workplace. You'll also have numerous opportunities to progress your career, as well as access to professional development and the opportunity to learn new skills.
You’ll receive a wide range of benefits, such as 30 days annual leave, remote flexible working, up to 20% performance bonus, 6% pension contribution and various benefits aimed at supporting your wellbeing and work-life balance.
Emerald Group is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. If you would like to request any accommodations/adjustments from application through to interview stages, please complete the relevant section within the application or contact us at email@example.com and let us know.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Emerald Publishing provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Emerald Publishing is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Emerald Publishing
Gender diversity (male:female)
UK, China, USA, Dubai, Brazil, South Africa, Australia, Malaysia