Remote-first - With Office for Co-Working
Fully flexible hours
We need a Business Manager (Account Manager) for Germany and France to join our team. You will be responsible for a wide portfolio of existing accounts within higher and further education (University and College Libraries) and Corporate and Public Sector customers, selling a range of electronic and printed learning resources.
You will be responsible for the retention and upselling of products to existing customers, and the prospecting and development of new accounts. Although a revenue-focused role, you will also develop non-commercial opportunities and new product developments.
The role is flexible in terms of location within the UK, but covering Germany and France, and the position requires extensive and regular travel, including overnight stays.
Day to day we’ll trust you to:
- Be responsible for the sale and renewal of databases to individual organisations on single or multi-year agreements
- Achieve and improve upon agreed sales targets (new sales, upsells and account retention)
- Act as a principal negotiator and deliver powerful presentations
- Target, establish and negotiate sales with purchasing consortia groups
- Demonstrate and sell databases to both new and existing customers
- Source and prospect new business leads
- Represent Emerald at conferences and exhibitions
- Provide customer, market and competitor insight
- Update and forecast prospects and sales to an agreed timetable
You’ll need to have/be:
- German and/or French speaking
- Academic or business-to-business sales with proven track record of success
- Driving Licence and able to regularly travel overseas
What’s in it for you?
At Emerald, we value our people. Becoming a part of our team means you’ll join a trusting and flexible environment and we've been flexified so you can trust that we're a truly flexible workplace. You'll also have numerous opportunities to progress your career, as well as access to professional development and the opportunity to learn new skills.
You’ll receive a wide range of benefits, such as 30 days annual leave, remote flexible working, up to 20% performance bonus, 6% pension contribution and various benefits aimed at supporting your wellbeing and work-life balance.
Emerald Group is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. If you would like to request any accommodations/adjustments from application through to interview stages, please complete the relevant section within the application or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.