We have a new vacancy at Emerald Publishing! A fantastic opportunity to join us in the newly created role of Business Development Manager - Services.
This role is home working, with occasional travel to our office in Yorkshire and internationally as required.
This role sits in the Services division, working in collaboration with colleagues in the academic sector to drive our work forward. The successful candidate would be responsible for both maintaining existing and winning new business for our services portfolio. The role would also act as a conduit between the research sector and the business, ensuring that what we develop meets the needs of the secto
Day to day we’ll trust you to:
- Identify customer prospects for our services portfolio and close new business.
- Inform our services growth strategy with sector feedback and market insight.
- Develop strong working relationships with our international sales teams in developing and nurturing new leads into the pipeline.
- Provide institutions with support to implement and onboard our services.
- Identify partnership and co-creation opportunities where appropriate.
- Provide training and expertise to Emerald’s market-facing staff to help ensure Emerald remain up to date on the research landscape
You’ll need to have:
- A proven track record of winning new business and delivering against sales targets, preferably into the academic / education sector.
- Experience working through challenging and/or variable procurement processes.
- A deep understanding of University research office operations, including strategic goals and practical challenges
- Evidence of connection with the wider Research and Research Impact communities to update knowledge and develop peer relations
What’s in it for you?
At Emerald, we value our people. Becoming a part of our team means you’ll join a trusting and flexible environment and we've been flexified so you can trust that we're a truly flexible workplace. You'll also have numerous opportunities to progress your career, as well as access to professional development and the opportunity to learn new skills.
You’ll receive a wide range of benefits, such as 30 days annual leave, remote flexible working, up to 20% performance bonus, 6% pension contribution and various benefits aimed at supporting your wellbeing and work-life balance.
Emerald Group is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. If you would like to request any accommodations/adjustments from application through to interview stages, please complete the relevant section within the application or contact us at email@example.com and let us know.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Emerald Group provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Emerald Group is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Emerald Group
Gender diversity (male:female)
Bingley, Edinburgh & Horsham + various non UK
What employees are saying
I like the confidence and autonomy I have to deliver my work regardless of the hour I work. This makes it much easier for people who work with time zones and assist clients in several countries.
Emerald Group Employee