Remote-first - London / Bristol Office Optional
Fully flexible hours
Life at Elvie; Meaningful work, Exceptional People
We're Elvie. We create smart products, new solutions, and a fair few taboo-busting conversations while we’re at it. Founded by Tania Boler in 2013, we develop extraordinary innovations designed to improve women’s lives. It's a fascinating and challenging area that requires us to solve problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
At Elvie, you’ll be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
Find out more about life at Elvie here.
We're deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
- We make an impact: We’re mission-driven and not afraid to break boundaries. We relentlessly focus on going the extra mile to solve problems.
- We’re fearless innovators: We are passionate, curious, and data-driven. We continuously embrace change and innovation.
- We’re in it together: we fail and learn fast — always as one team — and have fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences.
About the role:
Okay, we’ve waffled long enough. So let’s get to the good bit: You.
As Technical Project Manager, your role sits within Project Management. We are looking to integrate a DAM across the business to support our content, marketing, social and creative teams to manage digital assets across our channels. We have already identified the system we will be using - now you need to work with the business to get it implemented.
You will be instrumental in driving this project forward. You will be working closely with internal teams, third-party suppliers and external providers to ensure business requirements are understood, supplier resources are committed to delivery and the project is kept on track. You will be trusted to lead, build and inspire our project team to ensure agreed objectives are met. You will be working proactively to resolve blockers.
Location: Hybrid working; a mix of working from our London and Bristol offices & working remotely
Employment type: Daily rate - 3 month contract (please note, you must have the right to work in the UK).
Who You Are:
- You’re a digital project manager with demonstrable commercial experience managing systems integration projects
- You are able to demonstrate experience of integrating a new DAM tool (or similar) into a business, as well as future proofing the tool to grow with the business
- You’re a fast starter and would be described as someone who is frequently able to ‘hit the ground running’.
- You build relationships extremely quickly, developing trust with authentic connections and lead people with empathy
- You've come from a technical background in software engineering or digital product development and you’re competent in managing a project and bringing the team along to deliver on time and on budget (or somewhere close!)
- You've been through the time, spec and cost trenches and have emerged wiser and excited to put your lessons learned into practice
- You know your project management craft and can support it with judicious use of the right tools and processes to fit different types of projects
- You're an initiator. Rather than tell people what to do, you draw attention to actions that must be taken for the project goals to be met
- You’re hands on, you roll your sleeves up and get stuck in, you don’t expect others to do the work for you but you know when and how to collaborate with others to get things done
- You have an inquisitive attitude, always exploring new and innovative solutions to typical (and not so typical) DAM implementation challenges
- You are always looking for ways to improve how you work and how the team works
- You have experience of working without boundaries, and in fact thrive in environments where you can be instrumental in navigating through the ambiguity to deliver a project
- The idea of working within a successful startup in a fast-paced role excites you
What you’ll be doing at Elvie:
- Deliver the project end to end over a 3 month period, communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders, breaking down jargon and bringing everyone on the journey
- Activity and resource planning: work with the team to determine file structures, naming conventions, workflows, automations and third party integrations, as well as working to future proofing the tool to include; best practice, metadata, permissions, data flow, test procedures
- Communicate with stakeholders from both technical and non-technical roles to bring everyone on the journey
- Analyse and manage project risk: manage high risk elements of the project to deliver the objectives
- Surface problems early: things don't always go to plan, but the quicker the problems are identified, the quicker they can be solved
- Find creative solutions, together: get the right team members talking at the right time to help them get to where they need to be
- Provide overviews, or nuanced and detailed analysis of project progress, to both technical and non-technical people to explain outcomes and facilitate decision making
- Guide the project team through the good times and the bad - help establish meaningful milestones and provide motivation when it's needed
- Help the team learn from their successes and their failures with retrospectives
- Help develop ways of working for your team and the business, based upon the needs of the project and the people you are working with
- Develop and maintain detailed project documentation to assist in the maintenance of this project after your contract has ended
- Monitor progress: know where the project is at any moment.
What we are looking for
- At least 4 years experience working in a digital project management role, preferably onboarding a new DAM tool, with Frontify experience being a plus
- Experience of agile software development and corresponding methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
- Understanding of controlled and dependency based project management methodologies such as PRINCE2, and/or APM PMQ
- Experience with tools for different styles of project management e.g Jira, Pivotal Tracker, Asana, SmartSheet, MS Project, Frontify (or an equivalent DAM system)
- Understanding of tools used by both web and creative teams including Slack, Asana, Figma, Smartling, Adobe Photoshop, Google Analytics
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience of working with cross functional teams and understanding of the benefit of truly coordinated activities
- Experience dealing with all the stakeholders on a project from the in-house teams - software dev, engineering, finance, sales, operations - to external contractors and senior management
- Excellent communication skills, both technical and non-technical with the ability to write reports, present, and discuss results
What you can expect after you’ve applied:
A member of our recruitment team will reach out to you after they have reviewed your application. You must ensure your application is completed correctly, and we strongly encourage you to add a cover letter or note to let us know why Elvie’s the right fit for you.
We would like to get to know you through your background, attitude, experience and understand your motivation to work with us. Our interview process varies depending on the position, but it typically looks like this:
- 20-minute video call with one of our recruiters
- 45-60 minute video interview with the team
This is undoubtedly a great time to join Elvie. You’ll have a voice, make an impact, and have the opportunity to mould your role. So be ready to learn, have fun, and be inspired by our passionate, talented team — and having a sense of humour helps too. 😉
We can’t wait to hear from you!