Life at Elvie; Meaningful work, Exceptional People
We're Elvie. We create smart products, new solutions, and a fair few taboo-busting conversations while we’re at it. Founded by Tania Boler in 2013, we develop extraordinary innovations designed to improve women’s lives. It's a fascinating and challenging area that requires us to solve problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
At Elvie, you’ll be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
Find out more about life at Elvie here.
We're deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
- We make an impact: We’re mission-driven and not afraid to break boundaries. We relentlessly focus on going the extra mile to solve problems.
- We’re fearless innovators: We are passionate, curious, and data-driven. We continuously embrace change and innovation.
- We’re in it together: we fail and learn fast — always as one team — and have fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences.
Did you know?
In some regions our amazing products are considered to be medical devices. This means we maintain our Medical Device quality management system in compliance with ISO 13485:2016, to support the development of our groundbreaking products.
About the role:
Okay, we’ve waffled long enough. So let’s get to the good bit: You.
As a Senior Project Manager your role sits within the Project Management team. You’re an accomplished Project Manager with a wealth of experience managing projects in commercial contexts, ideally with experience working in engineering, tech or R&D businesses and:
- You've come from a technical background in hardware or software engineering and discovered your ability to manage a project and bring the team along to deliver on time and on budget (or somewhere close!)
- You've been through the time, spec and cost trenches and have emerged wiser and excited to put your newly learned lessons into practice
- You know your project management craft and can support it with judicious use of the right tools and processes to fit different types of projects
- The idea of working within a scale-up in a fast-paced role excites you
- Ideally, you have experience of working in organisations which are required to operate with robust quality standards e.g. ISO13485, ISO9001 or similar
Location: Hybrid working; a mix of working from our Bristol or London office & working remotely
Employment type: Permanent (please note, you must have the right to work in the UK)
What you’ll be doing at Elvie:
- Manage technical and commercial projects to timelines and budgets - we'd love someone with the desire to deliver a broad range of projects, from waterfall hardware projects, through to agile connected app delivery, operational and commercial projects
- Provide overviews, or nuanced and detailed analysis of project progress, to both technical and non-technical people to explain outcomes and facilitate decision making
- Guide the project team through the good times and the bad - help establish meaningful milestones and provide motivation when it's needed
- Analyse and manage project risk: take a risk based approach and guide the whole project team to focus on the high risk elements of the project and as a result, deliver the goods
- Surface problems early: things don't always go to plan, but the quicker the problems are identified, the quicker they can be solved
- Set up fit-for-purpose governance for the project to keep on top of progress, reporting, risks and stakeholder management
- Help the team learn from their successes and their failures with retrospectives
- Mentor, coach and help to develop project management competency across the company
- Help develop ways of working for your team and the business, based upon the needs of the project and the people you are working with
What we are looking for:
- You have excellent stakeholder management and communication skills, with the ability to create strong, trusted relationships at all levels of seniority
- You are familiar with the Agile manifesto, and adhere to its key principles including honest, open and transparent communication.
- You are able to estimate and monitor team resource requirements against the delivery of scope and time objectives
- You're an initiator. Rather than tell people what to do, you draw attention to actions that must be taken for the project goals to be met
- You’re hands on, you roll your sleeves up and get stuck in, you don’t expect others to do the work for you but you know when and how to collaborate with others to get things done
- You have experience of working without boundaries, and in fact thrive in environments where you can be instrumental in navigating through the ambiguity to deliver projects
- Significant commercial experience as a project manager, ideally with experience in engineering, technology or R&D environments and have delivered a range of types of projects in these areas
- Experience of controlled and dependency based project management methodologies such as PRINCE2, and/or APM PMQ
- Experience of agile software development and corresponding methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
- Experience with using tools to manage projects e.g. Jira, Asana, SmartSheet, MS Project
- Excellent problem solving, planning and prioritisation skills
- Experience of working with cross functional teams and understanding of the benefit of truly coordinated activities
- Experience of working with a range of stakeholders on a project, from the in-house teams (engineering, finance, sales, operations) to external contractors and senior management
- Excellent communication skills, both technical and non-technical with the ability to write reports, present, and discuss results
We're on an exceptional journey. And we can offer you a genuinely purpose-led career with a culture built on trust, autonomy, and flexibility. In addition, we'll give you:
- Lots of flexibility: whether it’s working from home, doing the school run, or life admin, we understand that flexibility is essential, and we trust you to do the right thing for you and us. Currently trialling a 9 day fortnight for all employees until March 2023
- Share options: we want everyone to have a stake in our success
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays
- 8 extra life leave days; getting married, moving house, menopause or just things that you can’t put a label on that matter to you
- 5=10 leave: 10 days’ additional leave on your 5th and 10th years of service!
- £100 contribution to your home working set up to spend as you see fit
- An annual personal development allowance of £200 and unlimited access to our learning and development platform, Learnerbly
- Generous parental leave policies; maternity, paternity/partner, shared & adoption
- Healthcare plans, life insurance, and an employee assistance program for you and your family
- A tax-efficient group pension scheme
- Group income protection; protect your salary if you get sick
- A free Elvie trainer for you to keep or give away when you join
- Generous employee and friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Wellbeing support from YuLife and access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
- Lovely offices in great locations, with drinks and snacks provided, along with fun social events
What you can expect after you’ve applied:
A member of our recruitment team will reach out to you after they have reviewed your application. You must ensure your application is completed correctly, and we strongly encourage you to add a cover letter or note to let us know why Elvie’s the right fit for you.
We would like to get to know you through your background, attitude, experience and understand your motivation to work with us. Our interview process varies depending on the position, but it typically looks like this:
- 20-minute video call with one of our recruiters
- 30-45 minute video call with the hiring manager
- 45-60 minute video interview with the team (some positions may require you to complete a task/presentation)
- For some positions, there may be an additional interview with one of senior our leadership team
Belonging at Elvie
At Elvie, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age.
If you need any support with your application, please get in contact with us: email@example.com or 0203 884 7223.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Elvie provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Elvie is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Elvie
Gender diversity (male:female)
61% Female / 39% Male
Bristol, London, Shanghai, New York
What employees are saying
"The culture here is so respectful of its employees and I've never been made to feel guilty for having out-of-work commitments (children, appointments etc). Parental leave is great, holiday is great, as well as working from home allowances and personal development. I feel like I've won the lottery and can't believe that I'm actually paid to do this."
Anonymous Elvie Employee