Remote-first - London / Bristol Office Optional
Fully flexible hours
Life at Elvie - Meaningful work. Exceptional people
We're Elvie. We create smart products, new solutions, and a fair few taboo-busting conversations while we’re at it. Founded by Tania Boler in 2013, we develop extraordinary innovations designed to improve women’s lives. It's a fascinating and challenging area that requires us to solve problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
At Elvie, you’ll be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
Find out more about life at Elvie here.
We're deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
- We make an impact: We’re mission-driven and not afraid to break boundaries. We relentlessly focus on going the extra mile to solve problems.
- We’re fearless innovators: We are passionate, curious, and data-driven. We continuously embrace change and innovation.
- We’re in it together: we fail and learn fast — always as one team — and have fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences.
About the role:
Okay, we’ve waffled long enough. So let’s get to the good bit: You.
As S&OP Manager, your role leads the S&OP pillar in Elvies Value Chain function. Reporting directly to the Value Chain Director, you will be an experienced Supply Chain professional with a deep understanding of planning functions in all aspects of a business, from manufacturing to fulfilment. You will be able to describe how to design and deliver a multi-site people-centric operational excellence agenda to achieve and exceed group targets. In this role, you will lead the planning team in support of organisational growth and to improve company processes. In addition, you will be data-focused and results-driven and shape operational processes within the business as we continue to scale.
You are a strong collaborator with excellent communication, analytical and influencing skills who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment where no one day is the same. You are an experienced supply chain professional with a natural acclimation to cross-functional working and stakeholder engagement. Ideally, you'll have prior experience in demand planning, but experience across the supply chain area is also acceptable.
Location: Hybrid working; a mix of working from our Bristol or London office & working remotely
Employment type: Permanent (please note, you must have the right to work in the UK)
What you’ll be doing at Elvie:
- Deliver, maintain and execute effective S&OP and S&OE processes
- Ensure effective inventory plans to optimise customer service and working capital requirements
- Ensure supply plans are achievable by understanding and communicating supply constraints, both capacity and clear to build constraints
- Ensure supply plans are cost-effective, for example, by minimising expediting costs
- Optimise use of planned transportation through forward visibility and optimised load fills
- Seamlessly marry together the sales, demand and supply planning to meet our commercial targets across all territories and the entire Elvie product portfolio
- Work closely with the Finance Director, Manufacturing and Logistics heads of function to execute the global strategic plan and to optimise the investment and resource within the supply chain
- Ensure broad organisational understanding of the nature of the Elvie supply chain and the structural constraints on agility and lead times
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure demand plans are reflective of current market trends and commercial opportunities
- Oversee the introduction of new products and manage end of life processes
- Have a hands-on approach to developing and delivering key performance metrics within the S&OP process, improving efficiency, cash flow, and profitability along the way. Metrics to include performance to plan, working capital, transportation costs, out of stocks and expediting costs
- Oversee internal systems to ensure high standards of data integrity and functionality are maintained and exceeded in line with business strategy, customer expectations, and government legislation
- Drive continuous improvement and process change across the business, including the utilisation of our ERP system and planning toolbox
- Manage stakeholder expectations on the opportunities and risk elements within the supply chain
What we are looking for:
- Ideally a minimum of 5 years of experience in Operations, Supply Chain, Global Planning roles
- Have the ability to prove you can increase operational performance in a consumer product manufacturing environment.
- Experience in leading and scaling a team in a hyper-growth environment, with a hands-on approach
- A laser-focused eye for detail and excellent analytical ability, able to extract, analyse and interpret data
- Approximately 5 years in demand planning/forecast analyst roles
- Advanced Excel qualifications & ideally experience in Netsuite/MRP/EDI systems
- A background in a fast-paced and premium consumer goods environment
- An expert at data analytics and highly organised
- A great communicator and confident decision-maker
- Able to take on responsibility and enjoy a challenge
- Excited to have the opportunity to influence every step of a process
We're on an exceptional journey. And we can offer you a genuinely purpose-led career with a culture built on trust, autonomy, and flexibility. In addition, we'll give you:
- Lots of flexibility: whether it’s working from home, doing the school run, or life admin, we understand that flexibility is essential, and we trust you to do the right thing for you and us
- Share options: we want everyone to have a stake in our success
- An annual discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays
- 3 additional Elvie “in it together” bank holidays for 2022
- 8 extra life leave days; getting married, moving house, menopause or just things that you can’t put a label on that matter to you
- 5=10 leave: 10 days’ additional leave on your 5th and 10th years of service!
- £100 contribution to your home working set up to spend as you see fit
- An annual personal development allowance of £200 and unlimited access to our learning and development platform, Learnerbly
- Generous parental leave policies; maternity, paternity/partner, shared & adoption
- Healthcare plans, life insurance, and an employee assistance program for you and your family
- A tax-efficient group pension scheme
- Group income protection; protect your salary if you get sick
- A free Elvie trainer for you to keep or give away when you join
- Generous employee and friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Wellbeing support from YuLife and access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
- Lovely offices in great locations, with drinks and snacks provided, along with fun social events
What you can expect after you’ve applied:
A member of our recruitment team will reach out to you after they have reviewed your application. You must ensure your application is completed correctly, and we strongly encourage you to add a cover letter or note to let us know why Elvie’s the right fit for you.
We would like to get to know you through your background, attitude, experience and understand your motivation to work with us. Our interview process varies depending on the position, but it typically looks like this:
- 20-minute video call with one of our recruiters
- 30-45 minute video call with the hiring manager
- 45-60 minute video interview with the team (some positions may require you to complete a task/presentation)
- For some positions, there may be an additional interview with one of senior our leadership team
This is undoubtedly a great time to join Elvie. You’ll have a voice, make an impact, and have the opportunity to mould your role. So be ready to learn, have fun, and be inspired by our passionate, talented team — and having a sense of humour helps too. 😉
We can’t wait to hear from you!