Remote-first - London / Bristol Office Optional
Fully flexible hours
The position: Product Researcher (6-month FTC)
Life at Elvie; Meaningful work, Exceptional People
We're Elvie. We create smart products, new solutions, and a fair few taboo-busting conversations while we’re at it. Founded by Tania Boler in 2013, we develop extraordinary innovations designed to improve women’s lives. It's a fascinating and challenging area that requires us to solve problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
At Elvie, you’ll be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
Find out more about life at Elvie here.
We're deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
- We make an impact: We’re mission-driven and not afraid to break boundaries. We relentlessly focus on going the extra mile to solve problems.
- We’re fearless innovators: We are passionate, curious, and data-driven. We continuously embrace change and innovation.
- We’re in it together: we fail and learn fast — always as one team — and have fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences.
About the role:
Okay, we’ve waffled long enough. So let’s get to the good bit: You.
As a Product Researcher at Elvie, you’ll be embedded within the Product Team as one of our go-to question answerers. You’ll help to drive product development in the right direction and ensure the people we design for are at the centre of everything we do.
You will have the opportunity to work on projects that span the entire R&D timeline. This will range from early exploratory stage projects where you’re helping to understand the right thing to design, to later stage technical and evaluative projects centred around designing the thing right.
We’re looking for a hands-on mid-level Product Researcher who can take on complex research projects, work with hardware, software and connected devices and who treats their work with artistry and passion.
If you’re excited about this position but don’t fit 100% of the criteria, we would love to hear from you regardless. We love nothing more than finding unexpected gems!
Location: Hybrid working; a mix of working from our Bristol or London office & working remotely
Employment type: 6 month FTC starting in September/October 2022 (please note, you must have the right to work in the UK)
What you’ll be doing at Elvie:
- Take a research brief, help define objectives, develop appropriate methodology, conduct fieldwork and analyse outputs to create actionable recommendations, whilst being mindful of budget and time constraints.
- Carry out foundational, strategic research to help discover, define and shape our future products and services - utilising both qualitative and quantitative research methods while doing so.
- Carry out desk research - be it social listening or digging into competitor product offerings, you’ll be able to delve away and glean as much as you can from the comfort of your desk.
- Understand from source - our research tends to be intimate in nature and carried out in users' homes so a comfortable and approachable manner are essential qualities. You will be carrying out qualitative research remotely and in person.
- Our research often covers sensitive and intimate topics around all things female-health. You should be able to take a considered approach to these conversations, protecting both the participants and yourself.
- Map the experience - we involve participants at every stage of the process. During more evaluative projects, you’ll work with participants closely, using functional prototypes and discovering insights that propel the project forward.
- Keep us informed - your work should result in actionable outputs to help us create exceptional experiences. Outputs will take various forms, including research reports, archetypes, user journeys and more! You should be comfortable presenting learnings to stakeholders across the business.
- Collaborate - you will be a part of the Product team with many different craft and project teams within it. You will need to work smart, bringing in the right people at the right time.
In order to thrive in this role, you will need to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Comfortable with uncertainty - product development often throws in curveballs, taking these calmly in your stride is a must
- Flexible - as the project needs change you will need to be prepared to bend and flex your approach and/or working pattern, whilst maintaining the integrity of the research. We often conduct international research which can either mean working shifted hours or travel outside the UK
- A clear communicator - you’ll need to seamlessly work with multiple stakeholders involved in the research process to explain your methods, rationale and research findings
- Discerning - you should be able to balance your understanding of our user, with the needs of the product team, to ensure research is manageable for participants while providing the data we need to make our next decision
- Resilient - we often enter topic areas in the women’s health space that are hard for participants to speak about and in turn, difficult for researchers to hear
- A creative thinker - we have been known to use weird and wonderful methods to best answer the question at hand. Creative, ingenious methods and ways of working are always welcome!
We're on an exceptional journey. And we can offer you a genuinely purpose-led career with a culture built on trust, autonomy, and flexibility. In addition, we'll give you:
- Lots of flexibility: whether it’s working from home, doing the school run, or life admin, we understand that flexibility is essential, and we trust you to do the right thing for you and us
- Share options: we want everyone to have a stake in our success
- An annual discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays
- 8 extra life leave days; getting married, moving house, menopause or just things that you can’t put a label on that matter to you
- 5=10 leave: 10 days’ additional leave on your 5th and 10th years of service!
- £100 contribution to your home working set up to spend as you see fit
- An annual personal development allowance of £200 and unlimited access to our learning and development platform, Learnerbly
- Generous parental leave policies; maternity, paternity/partner, shared & adoption
- Healthcare plans, life insurance, and an employee assistance program for you and your family
- A tax-efficient group pension scheme
- Group income protection; protect your salary if you get sick
- A free Elvie trainer for you to keep or give away when you join
- Generous employee and friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Wellbeing support from YuLife and access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
- Lovely offices in great locations, with drinks and snacks provided, along with fun social events
What you can expect after you’ve applied:
A member of our recruitment team will reach out to you after they have reviewed your application. You must ensure your application is completed correctly, and we strongly encourage you to add a cover letter or note to let us know why Elvie’s the right fit for you.
We would like to get to know you through your background, attitude, experience and understand your motivation to work with us. Our interview process varies depending on the position, but it typically looks like this:
- 20-minute video call with one of our recruiters
- 30-45 minute video call with the hiring manager
- 45-60 minute video interview with the team (some positions may require you to complete a task/presentation)
- For some positions, there may be an additional interview with one of senior our leadership team
Belonging at Elvie
At Elvie, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age.
If you need any support with your application, please get in contact with us: email@example.com or 0203 884 7223.