Fully flexible hours
We’re the team behind Matrix—the leading project for secure, open decentralised communication and Element— the all-in-one secure chat app for teams, friends and organisations. Our mission is to make messaging as open as email— allowing everyone to choose where their data is hosted, enjoy private conversations and ultimately be in control of their own communication.
We build open alternatives to apps like WhatsApp, Slack, Teams & more. Our early adopters include The French Government, and open source communities like Mozilla, KDE, GNOME and Wikimedia, while we’re working towards gaining traction in personal messaging.
We build things for everyone, and we know we can’t succeed without a diverse team. Our hiring process is designed to be respectful and give candidates the best chance to show us what you can do. If we ever fall down on this, please let us know.
We’re a scaling tech startup who specialize in an open source secure communication protocol called Matrix.
The opportunity will involve working with a large variety of customers from private to public sector and all the variants within.
Our tech is ground breaking and potentially paradigm shifting.
If you’re looking for a fast paced, startup environment with cutting edge tech, where you can help shape the offering and processes from within then this role is for you.
Mission: Diligently looking after our key Enterprise and Public sector customers in the DACH region.
- Managing the key stakeholders within your customer base to ensure continuity of renewals and identifying and converting upsell opportunities.
- Being the voice of the customer internally
In the first month you'll focus on onboarding, company process, procedure, and product.
First three months: Introduction to existing DACH customers / managing the onboarding of new DACH customers
By the end of six months you should be autonomously managing your own customer base.
- Fluency in spoken and written German. Globally we require excellent written and spoken English which is our company language
- Time management / Organizational skills
- Relationship building
- Strong communication skills
Our general approach is to treat people like adults and acknowledge that by being flexible we create an environment for people to do their best work. For more details here is our manifesto. That said specific points that differentiate us include:
- Since our technology is relevant to anything that requires real-time comms, the role provides exposure to a wide range of domains from web and app dev through to VR, VoIP and IoT.
- Generous holiday allowance, private healthcare for you and your family, and opportunities for development and progression as we scale.
- Family friendly environment, many of the team have small children and we look to accommodate that as best we can.
- People tend to stay with the company for a long time, we take this as a sign that we have a cohesive, supportive culture, that we have engaging challenging work and that people can develop their skills and careers here for the long term.
Element does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, colour, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits