Fully flexible hours
We’re looking for a talented Product Designer to join our growing design team and help us to shape the future of communication.
You’ll be tasked with our most important challenge— improving the functionality and usability of our products to help democratise proven, powerful technology to benefit everyone.
We’re interested in talking to both mid and senior level designers— we care most about your skills, spirit and your ability to contribute.
Day to day, you’ll:
- Craft new features, which are both beautiful and exceptionally fit for purpose, working directly with engineers, stakeholders and our user community.
- Apply user-centric design. Enjoy the opportunity to iterate regularly. Make great products.
- Illustrate design ideas with design comps, storyboards, user flows, wireframes and prototypes.
- Communicate ideas effectively to the wider team, accepting critiques and feedback as part of the creative process.
- Design things that scale by contributing to and using design systems (Figma), to help us move quickly and consistently across multiple platforms.
- Conduct usability testing and gather feedback from our internal team and wide (and vocal!) community of users.
- Work with different teams to improve the design quality of documentation and tooling.
- Contribute to improving processes and design operations across all teams.
- Occasionally, roll with the punches on ad hoc design projects like creating swag for conferences and whatever else comes up!
You might be a good fit if…
- You can create pixel-perfect UI designs for the Web & Mobile (iOS & Android).
- You're an excellent communicator, able to discuss, collaborate on and back up design decisions with rationale.
- You have an in-depth knowledge of UX skills such as wire-framing, rapidly prototyping and conducting user research.
- You create useful, beautiful products. You know how to balance craft, speed and technical limitations rather than getting stuck on pretty UI.
- You have at least 3+ years of human centered design experience.
- You've been embedded in cross-functional teams, working alongside product and engineering.
- You know your way around a design tool or two. We use tools like Figma for rapid prototyping and Webflow to design and build our website. We’re also fans of pen and paper and reaching for the best tool for a particular job.
- You have technical aptitude. While this is a design role, you should be able to untangle technical concepts and be an ally to engineering.
- You understand the constraints and opportunities of front-end development. You won't write code (you’ll work with people who are great at that!) but it helps if you can empathise with ease of implementation, and know the limitations of the platforms.
- You have top-notch organisation and multi-tasking skills. In this role, you’ll meet tight deadlines and handle multiple projects.
Why this role?
People tend to stay with the company for a long time, we take this as a sign that we have a cohesive, supportive culture, that we have engaging challenging work and that people can develop their skills and careers here for the long term. We also have a family friendly environment, many of the team have small children and we look to accommodate that as best we can. Since our technology is relevant to anything that requires real-time comms, the role provides exposure to a wide range of domains from web and app dev through to VR, VoIP and IoT.
Our package generally contains:
- Private Health Insurance
- Annual Bonus
- Share Options
- Home Office Allowance
- Coworking Space Allowance
- Annual leave (40 days including local bank holidays)
- Company Socials (virtual or in person)
- Annual Global Offsite
- Plumm Health (Mental health platform)
You can find a more detailed explanation here and you might be eligible for other benefits depending on your location.
Element does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, colour, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.