Fully flexible hours
We’re the team behind Matrix—the leading project for secure, open decentralised communication and Element— the all-in-one secure chat app for teams, friends and organisations. Our mission is to make messaging as open as email— allowing everyone to choose where their data is hosted, enjoy private conversations and ultimately be in control of their own communication.
We build open alternatives to apps like WhatsApp, Slack, Teams & more. Our early adopters include The French Government, and open source communities like Mozilla, KDE, GNOME and Wikimedia, while we’re working towards gaining traction in personal messaging.
We build things for everyone, and we know we can’t succeed without a diverse team. Our hiring process is designed to be respectful and give candidates the best chance to show us what you can do. If we ever fall down on this, please let us know.
- Responsible for improving and executing our deal desk process.
- Creating a highly replicable and streamlined process that ensures that bids are compelling, complete, of high quality and provided on time.
- Ensuring that bids won have a clear, referenceable framework once being delivered.
- Collaborating with the Sales teams to create custom quotes and bidding on tenders
- Also ensuring risk management for the company in terms of the solution offered, pricing and associated T&Cs, working with Professional Services, Sales, Finance and legal.
- Mostly focused on large public tenders in Germany and other countries but including private sector as well.
- Getting pre-approval from internal stakeholders on pricing and project feasibility
- Fluency in spoken and written German. Globally we require excellent written and spoken English which is our company language. French is also a plus.
- 2 – 3 years of relevant experience. Preferably within a Deal Desk role or in-house legal team
- Knowledge of German legal practises, particularly in the public sector
- Knowledge of tech professional services and saas industries
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience of working in Salesforce
- Understands sales processes and tenders for large and public sector organisations
- Work under pressure without compromising quality
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders including c-suite through simultaneous projects
- Has worked closely with sales teams in past experience
Our general approach is to treat people like adults and acknowledge that by being flexible we create an environment for people to do their best work. For more details here is our manifesto. That said specific points that differentiate us include:
- Since our technology is relevant to anything that requires real-time comms, the role provides exposure to a wide range of domains from web and app dev through to VR, VoIP and IoT.
- Generous holiday allowance, private healthcare for you and your family, and opportunities for development and progression as we scale.
- Family friendly environment, many of the team have small children and we look to accommodate that as best we can.
- People tend to stay with the company for a long time, we take this as a sign that we have a cohesive, supportive culture, that we have engaging challenging work and that people can develop their skills and careers here for the long term.
Element does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, colour, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits