eduMe is a mobile-based training platform for the deskless workforce, used by modern companies in more than 60 countries worldwide. By providing their workforce with seamless access to relevant knowledge, companies like Uber, Gopuff, Deliveroo, Gorillas and Vodafone are enabling their people to achieve Workforce Success
Our Engineering team is split into six squads to better support our product development and work towards achieving our product vision to provide the deskless workforce seamless access to relevant knowledge.
We're looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to help push for best QA practices for our applications. You will join our two QA Engineers in all QA processes and work alongside our developers and product designers.
What you’ll do:
- Liaise with engineers and designers early on to decide the appropriate testing approach for planned features
- Support development teams by testing features under development
- Release Testing and Management
- Own, document, and improve QA processes
- Increase the level of automation in our end-to-end testing capabilities
- Maintain and improve the reliability of our product by identifying risks and working with engineering and product to address them
- Regularly review and devise improved process, testing tools/systems
- Drive a culture of quality into the team
- Debugging failed tests and root-cause analysis
What you’ll need:
- A good understanding of the software lifecycle, and the role of quality assurance in it
- Experience testing web and mobile applications manually, including exploratory testing as well as testing for regressions
- Ability to shift testing left by testing features that are still in development
- Experience with browser based test automation using Cypress and Cucumber
- Experience collaborating and communicating with cross-functional teams by testing features under development
- Self-motivated, proactive, troubleshooting attitude with a willingness to learn new tools and technologies
We’ll be particularly excited if you have:
- A good understanding or hands on experience of non functional testing like performance and load testing
- Experience with system Integration test automation
- Experience with mobile applications testing
- Are comfortable using SQL with an understanding of databases
What we will offer you:
- 25 days of paid leave a year, plus bank holidays, with the option to carry 5 days over
- Inclusion in the company share option plan - you're a part of the success!
- Flexible working to support you, your life, and those around you, supported by £500 to set up your home working environment for comfort and success
- On top of the above, we offer every employee the chance to spend a month working from anywhere around the globe, every year
- £500 per year to spend on whatever you need to support your health & wellbeing, through Juno
- Vitality Health cover for physical & mental health support
- Enhanced parental leave for primary and secondary carers
- Enhanced sick pay
- £500 annual personal learning and education budget
- £75 every quarter to spend on socialising with your team
- Monthly company-wide social events
- We take the whole company for a multi-day off-site every year!
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At eduMe, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at eduMe
eduMe is committed to providing reasonable adjustments for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com
eduMe is an equal opportunity employer. As a company we are committed to the unlearning of unconscious bias, diversity and inclusion long-term, which will remain a key focus of ours as we scale. We welcome all applicants, regardless of religion, ethnicity, nationality, disability status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status (and any other status protected by applicable law). We aim to be transparent in our efforts to become a thriving, diverse and inclusive place to work, and you can find the continuous action we're taking to achieve this here.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options eduMe provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure eduMe is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at eduMe
Gender diversity (male:female)
UK & US
What employees are saying
"I love that work is part of my life, not my entire life. Even if I'm really busy and having to work across different time zones, and the pressure is high, the flexible approach means I can work in a way that suits me (when I sleep until, when I head to the gym, take a lunch hour, meet a friend for a walk). It's results-focused, so providing you're impacting the company and driving the results you're there to do, you can work in a way that works for you and enables you to be as successful as you can. I love that I'm never twiddling my thumbs until 5 pm because that's when I "have to work until" –I can work in an intuitive way that maximises the time I'm focused, motivated, and loving what I do!"
Anonymous eduMe Employee