3-4 days per week at home
We are making travel effortless. Join us.
Whether it’s to visit the people closest to us, starting an exciting adventure, or a career-defining business trip, travel is an essential part of our lives. Yet we've all experienced the aches and pains of getting to our destination. Today, more than 4 billion airline passengers rely on technology that hasn't kept up with the expectations of the modern connected traveller.
That’s why we’ve started to rebuild the infrastructure that underpins the travel industry. We’re on a mission to unravel travel — simplifying systems and building the tools that will make the future of travel effortless.
We were part of Y Combinator S18's cohort and we are backed by Benchmark, Blossom, Index Ventures and Kima Ventures. A fantastic set of investors that has helped build some of the world's largest companies.
Our team in London is growing and we’re looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
Something to consider when reading this job advert
We know people engage with job adverts differently. Some will view it as a checklist that needs to be at 100% before applying; others will see 60% as good enough. If you think you have what it takes but don't necessarily meet all the requirements on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat, learn more about you and see if it could be a great fit.
Connectivity at Duffel
Connectivity is a foundational area of our product, and our business as a whole. Today, we have direct API connections to more than 30 airlines - powered by NDC and other API standards - plus integrations with hundreds of others through intermediaries.
Over the next couple of years we're aiming to connect directly into every single airline of the planet and expand our feature set with each airline (not just search and book, but also seat selection, automated changes, richer content, etc.).
In order to do that successfully and efficiently we need to continue investing heavily in our internal connectivity framework and deeply understand the airlines we work with: the opportunities and challenges with their APIs, but also their objectives and requirements.
As a Product Manager on Connectivity you'll use your experience working with engineering teams and deep knowledge of the airline industry to document airline requirements, help our engineers better understand the airline systems, drive delivery, maintain and enhance our airline integrations.
What we're looking for in you
- You're an expert on airline distribution, airline IT and the travel industry, with deep knowledge of topics like fares, ticketing and passenger service systems (PSSs). Experience of passenger service systems used by low-cost carriers - for example, Navitaire and AeroCRS - is desirable.
- You can drive execution and get things done, working with your team's engineers and other stakeholders - internal and external - to get a project over the line
- You can dive into the technical details, for example, API specifications or the behaviour of airlines' PSS
- You're a clear communicator, both in written and spoken form, able to structure your ideas logically, communicate trade-offs, and explain complex technical concepts clearly
- You think being challenged on your assumptions and decisions makes you grow, and that challenging others will help them grow
- You value and enjoy participating in team discussions to shape how things work under the hood, not just what the customer sees
- You're ready to work across the business, for example with our Finance and Travel Ops teams, to build products that work for customers and keep our internal processes working smoothly
What you can expect from us
We’re dedicated to your personal growth. Our environment is comfortable physically, but also in that our ears are always open to any ideas, concerns and questions. We believe that everyone should have pride in their work, taking full ownership of it and its impact. That’s why everyone who joins Duffel owns a share of the company.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We believe that the key to our success is employing a diverse team, that’s why recruitment decisions are only based on your experience and skills. We value your ability to problem solve and build amazing things so we welcome applications for everyone – regardless of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Note to recruitment agencies
Duffel does not accept speculative CV's from external parties. Any unsolicited CV's sent to us will be treated as property of Duffel, and any attached terms and conditions associated with these CV's will be null and void.