3-4 days per week at home
We are making travel effortless. Join us.
Whether it’s to visit the people closest to us, starting an exciting adventure, or a career-defining business trip, travel is an essential part of our lives. Yet we've all experienced the aches and pains of getting to our destination. Today, more than 4 billion airline passengers rely on technology that hasn't kept up with the expectations of the modern connected traveller.
That’s why we’ve started to rebuild the infrastructure that underpins the travel industry. We’re on a mission to unravel travel — simplifying systems and building the tools that will make the future of travel effortless.
We were part of Y Combinator S18's cohort and we are backed by Benchmark, Blossom, Index Ventures and Kima Ventures. A fantastic set of investors that has helped build some of the world's largest companies.
Our team in London is growing and we’re looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
Something to consider when reading this job advert
We know people engage with job adverts differently. Some will view it as a checklist that needs to be at 100% before applying; others will see 60% as good enough. If you think you have what it takes but don't necessarily meet all the requirements on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat, learn more about you and see if it could be a great fit.
Legal & Compliance at Duffel
We are looking for our first in-house legal employee, who is excited to work at the intersection of technology & travel and to build out our Legal function. In this role, you will lead on a wide range of legal issues impacting our business across the world, notably contractual, commercial and regulatory issues, enabling the company to scale quickly and ensuring we operate within our risk appetite.
You’ll have the opportunity to work closely with key stakeholders across the business; enable the launch of new products and markets; challenge our status-quo; identify challenges and opportunities, and help inform our decision making.
What you'll be doing
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial agreements from a variety of domains.
- Drafting and reviewing agreements, policies and procedures, disclosures, internal documentation, terms of service, and website materials.
- Ensuring, with the support of the Data Protection Officer, appropriate Data Protection compliance & reporting.
- Supporting our go-to-market strategy, advising on corporate structure & addressing appropriate legal considerations.
- Identifying necessary changes to our systems and procedures to meet the requirements of new rules/regulations.
- Partnering with Finance in the appropriate administration of Duffel's employee incentive plans.
- Demonstrating excellent judgment and advising firm management across the Duffel Group on complex legal questions and issues. You can demystify complex legal concepts into understandable language.
- Managing interactions with regulators, external counsel, and other parties.
- Supporting the business with the full range of legal matters across the UK, EU, US and Australia, including employment, regulatory, and commercial law questions.
What we're looking for in you
- You have a legal degree with minimum 3-5 years PQE (as a corporate or commercial lawyer ideally within the technology sector).
- Experience with managing employment-related legal matters.
- Experience working closely with senior business leaders, and approaching Legal and Compliance with a strategic and commercial mindset.
- Ability to support and/or manage corporate work such as incentive schemes, share issues and compliance with investor covenants.
- You are happy handling the widest range of legal issues that may arise in a travel technology company, even if outside your core areas of expertise.
- You are a strategic thinker, a strong communicator and a keen problem solver who knows how to assess risk and recommend solutions that balance business and risk perspectives.
- You are comfortable operating at all levels of the organisation up to the Leadership Team and Board, but can roll your sleeves up and get things done.
What you can expect from us
We’re dedicated to your personal growth. Our environment is comfortable physically, but also in that our ears are always open to any ideas, concerns and questions. We believe that everyone should have pride in their work, taking full ownership of it and its impact. That’s why everyone who joins Duffel owns a share of the company.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We believe that the key to our success is employing a diverse team, that’s why recruitment decisions are only based on your experience and skills. We value your ability to problem solve and build amazing things so we welcome applications for everyone – regardless of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Note to recruitment agencies
Duffel does not accept speculative CV's from external parties. Any unsolicited CV's sent to us will be treated as property of Duffel, and any attached terms and conditions associated with these CV's will be null and void.