We are making travel effortless. Join us.
Whether it’s to visit the people closest to us, starting an exciting adventure, or a career-defining business trip, travel is an essential part of our lives. Yet we've all experienced the aches and pains of getting to our destination. Today, more than 4 billion airline passengers rely on technology that hasn't kept up with the expectations of the modern connected traveller.
That’s why we’ve started to rebuild the infrastructure that underpins the travel industry. We’re on a mission to unravel travel — simplifying systems and building the tools that will make the future of travel effortless.
We were part of Y Combinator S18's cohort and we are backed by Benchmark, Blossom, Index Ventures and Kima Ventures. A fantastic set of investors that has helped build some of the world's largest companies.
Something to consider when reading this job advert
We know people engage with job adverts differently. Some will view it as a checklist that needs to be at 100% before applying; others will see 60% as good enough. If you think you have what it takes but don't necessarily meet all the requirements on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat, learn more about you and see if it could be a great fit.
Sales at DuffelAs an early member of the Duffel sales team, you will have an influential voice in shaping the team, sales direction, Go-To-Market strategy and our culture.The Account Executive will be responsible for prospecting new large corporate customers and guiding them through the sales cycle. You will need to collaborate with Marketing, Customer Success, and Product, and build strong relationships with stakeholders in the travel industry.
What you'll be doing
- Manage opportunities through the full sales cycle, including running discovery calls and demos, negotiating, and closing new business to hit and exceed sales goals.
- Actively prospect to supplement the lead flow coming from our product.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across Marketing, Customer Success, Product, Engineering to ensure a world-class customer experience.
- Become a Duffel product expert, delighting prospects with a phenomenal educational experience, and helping cross-functional teams with product feedback and user insights.
- Represent Duffel at industry events and trade shows.
What we're looking for in you
- Experience working in a API/SaaS sales role, including responsibility for closing large accounts end-to-end.
- Proven track record of sales success with enterprise customers.
- Strong presentation skills, particularly for in-person meetings with multiple stakeholders, and excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to prospect for outbound leads and at the same time nurture and develop inbound lead flow.
- Operational mindset: you’re eager to build processes for yourself and the team to maximise productivity.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams and continuously delivering feedback to shape product roadmap and influence GTM strategy.
What you can expect from us
We’re dedicated to your personal growth. Our environment is comfortable physically, but also in that our ears are always open to any ideas, concerns and questions. We believe that everyone should have pride in their work, taking full ownership of it and its impact. That’s why everyone who joins Duffel owns a share of the company.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We believe that the key to our success is employing a diverse team, that’s why recruitment decisions are only based on your experience and skills. We value your ability to problem solve and build amazing things so we welcome applications for everyone – regardless of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Note to recruitment agencies
Duffel does not accept speculative CV's from external parties. Any unsolicited CV's sent to us will be treated as property of Duffel, and any attached terms and conditions associated with these CV's will be null and void.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Duffel provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Duffel is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Duffel
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)
What employees are saying
I love working here! We have sabbaticals and flexibility within reason (which I think is the best way to operate as a start-up) and I really get a feeling that the company cares for it's employees and culture <3