Distinction, a digital customer-experience agency headquartered in Nottingham, is looking for a C# web developer (.NET) to join its delivery team. Distinction deliver high-quality, often business-critical digital products and services to ambitious brands through the UK and North America.
You'll be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of .NET web solutions. You'll work on projects of different sizes, including complex integrations, ecommerce solutions, content management systems and greenfield applications.
Essential skills & experience
Whilst you'll be encouraged to expand and improve your skillset at Distinction, essential technical skills and experience needed for this role include:
- Experience using C# .NET Framework and Core (the latter being our preferred tech)
- Experience using SQL Server
- Experience using source control solutions, such as GitHub or Bitbucket
- Professional attitude to work with good communication skills
- Good time and stress management skills
- Ability to multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment
- A team player with the ability to work under own initiative
- Able to work quickly and accurately
- Passionate and constructive attitude
Your application will stand out if you have:
- Previous experience in a digital agency
- Experience with content management systems, especially Kentico, Umbraco, Sitefinity or Sitecore
- Experience working with and configuring cloud environments (Azure, AWS)
- Experience with automation testing including load and browser testing
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration
- Strong commercial acumen
The salary is a range based on your experience, from £30,000 - £45,000. We have transparent salary bands across our team.
This role can be either remote, based in our Nottingham office, or a combination of both (hybrid).
Benefits and perks
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working
- 33 days holiday
- Optional company pension scheme
- A structured personal development plan
- Personal annual training budget
- Monthly training time allowance
- The latest tech to work on
- Regular “lunch and learn” sessions
- Regular socials
- Fully stocked drinks fridge and regular free lunches
- Opportunities to attend and speak at local and global industry events
We operate a Preferred Suppliers List which was renewed in April 2020 until April 2022. We reserve the right to contact any candidates sent to us speculatively without agreeing to your terms of business.
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and we encourage applicants from minority backgrounds or LGBTQ+ communities. We promise that you’ll receive equal consideration for employment without regard to your age, race, religion, gender, or disability.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Distinction provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Distinction is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Distinction
Gender diversity (male:female)
60% : 40%
Nottingham, London, Boston (US)
What employees are saying
Our policy of "work from where's best" is an example of how forward-thinking we are as a company. There's a real consensus between the team that we work hard and are proud of the outputs. Still, ultimately, we work to live and not the other way round.