Distinction, a digital product development studio, is looking for a Frontend Developer to join the team. Distinction designs and builds high-quality, often business-critical, digital products and services to ambitious brands throughout the UK and North America.
You'll be responsible for the day-to-day scoping and delivery of digital products. You'll work on projects of different sizes, including greenfield digital products, website projects, integrating content management systems, and complex website integrations.
At Distinction, a frontend developer turns a design into a fully working product.
You'll need an eye for detail, with strong design and coding skills.
Essential skills & experience
Whilst you'll be encouraged to expand and improve your skillset at Distinction, essential technical skills and experience needed for this role include:
- Experience with Figma, InVision, Adobe XD or similar
- Experience of frameworks such as Vue, React or Angular
- Eye for good UX and UI
- Good stakeholder management skills
- Good communication skills and the ability to explain complex problems simply
- Good time management skills
Your application will stand out if you can demonstrate:
- Previous experience in a digital product studio or digital agency
- Experience running discovery workshops and leading senior stakeholders
The salary is from £25,000 to £ 35,000 per annum (depending on experience). We have transparent salary bands across our team.
Benefits and perks
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working
- 33 days holiday
- Optional company pension scheme
- A structured personal development plan
- Personal annual training budget
- Monthly training time allowance
- Latest tech to work on
- Regular “lunch and learn” sessions
- Regular socials
- Fully stocked drinks fridge and regular free lunches
- Opportunities to attend and speak at local and global industry events
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and we encourage applicants from minority backgrounds or LGBTQ+ communities. We promise that you’ll receive equal consideration for employment without regard to your age, race, religion, gender, or disability.
We operate a Preferred Suppliers List which was renewed in April 2020 until April 2022. We reserve the right to contact any candidates sent to us speculatively without agreeing to your terms of business.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Distinction provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Distinction is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Distinction
Gender diversity (male:female)
60% : 40%
Nottingham, London, Boston (US)
What employees are saying
Our policy of "work from where's best" is an example of how forward-thinking we are as a company. There's a real consensus between the team that we work hard and are proud of the outputs. Still, ultimately, we work to live and not the other way round.