Distinction is an exciting, ambitious digital product studio with offices in Nottingham, London, and Boston (US). We create high-quality, often business-critical, digital products for start-ups, scale-ups and disruptors throughout the UK, Europe, and North America.
Our team is experienced and award-winning, and our culture is one of collaboration and teamwork. We believe good things happen when our people are given the autonomy to do their best work.
We’ve got big plans, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join us on the journey.
About the role
This is a cross-functional role, supporting all our teams to deliver exceptional work that delights our customers and grows our business.
Day-to-day you’ll be the first point of contact for support requests, replying to and resolving them in line with our processes. You must be exceptionally organised, polite and professional.
You’ll be speaking with customers regularly, supporting colleagues before, during and after meetings, supporting the planning of schedules and providing regular progress reports to customers.
Whilst you don’t need experience in a business the same as ours, we’re looking for someone that shows the potential to learn quickly. Significant training will be given during the first few months of starting.
- Handling customer support enquiries from beginning to end.
- Creating and sending regular progress reports to customers.
- Helping organise team schedules to deliver work on time.
- Supporting the wider team before, during and after meetings by co-ordinating attendees, agendas, minutes and actions.
- This is an entry-level role where extensive training and supervision will be provided. We’ll be hiring based on how well you demonstrate your passion for the role above any prior experience.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- A high degree of organisation and time-keeping
- Exceptional attention to detail and pride in any work produced
- Calm under pressure
- A creative thinker with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to think and act independently as well as collaboratively
- Open, honest and direct, is comfortable in giving and receiving constructive feedback
- A passion for the work we do at Distinction (please look at what we do before you apply!)
- Lives and breathes our core values
- A desire to learn new skills
Why work for us?
Distinction is a busy, fun place to work, with ambitious plans to triple our size in the next two years.
In addition to a competitive salary (verified by an external salary benchmarking company), we believe in providing meaningful benefits including:
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working – we have a ‘works where’s best’ policy
- 25+ days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced sick pay – covering both mental and physical health
- Enhanced life leave – covering the unexpected events in your life
- Enhanced parental leave – covering maternity and paternity leave
- Pregnancy loss and parental bereavement leave
- Compassionate leave
- Health and wellness programmes
- New, high spec equipment
- Personal budget for learning, books, tech hardware and software
- Lots of opportunities to attend national and international conferences
- Enjoy savings on bikes and technology
- Tea, coffee, drinks fridge and fruit deliveries
- A busy social calendar with regular in-person and virtual socials including Christmas and Summer parties (off-site)
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and we encourage applicants from minority backgrounds or LGBTQ+ communities. We promise that you’ll receive equal consideration for employment without regard to your age, race, religion, gender, or disability.
We prefer to recruit directly where possible, but we do work with a few select recruitment agencies who we feel have a good understanding of our business and the type of people we’re looking for. For this reason, please don’t contact us – we’ll contact you.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Distinction provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Distinction is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Distinction
Gender diversity (male:female)
60% : 40%
Nottingham, London, Boston (US)
What employees are saying
Our policy of "work from where's best" is an example of how forward-thinking we are as a company. There's a real consensus between the team that we work hard and are proud of the outputs. Still, ultimately, we work to live and not the other way round.