3–4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Depop is the community-powered marketplace app where people exploring style and the latest trends come to shop and sell circular fashion. With over 26m users in more than 150 countries, Depop is the place for anyone looking to celebrate style on their terms and keeping millions of items of clothing in rotation.
Founded in 2011, Depop has its headquarters in London and offices in Manchester, New York and Sydney with 400 employees dedicated to helping build a new fashion system that’s kinder to people and kinder to the planet.
In 2021, Depop joined Etsy, Inc. as a wholly-owned subsidiary and continues to operate as a standalone marketplace for fashion items, community and creativity.
Our brand operates on three values:
Senior Manager - Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We are looking for an experienced Manager of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion who will leverage external insights & previous experience to support and drive the execution of our DEI objectives, contributing to strengthen Depop’s approach to Diversity, Inclusion and Equity both internally and externally as we grow our creative, Gen Z global community.
This is a contract position until the end of 2022. The person will report to the Head of Sustainability / Interim Head of DEI and work in close collaboration with the People team.
- Responsible for the delivery of strategic and tactical programmes and initiatives in order to deliver against our DEI objectives to improve inclusion, equity, and representation at Depop.
- Be an empathetic listener to concerns raised within communities, protect safe spaces, and provide key insights to the business.
- Support existing employee resource groups in the setting and delivery of their objectives, and nurture informal safe space communities.
- In collaboration with the people team, support the delivery of strategic internal initiatives such as the design and rollout of DEI training, and the improvement of DEI monitoring and reporting.
- Monitor legislation, latest research and current affairs on DEI to mitigate legal & reputational risks, building on currently available resources.
- Act as specialist and key advisor to the leadership team on all matters linked to diversity, inclusion, equity and ethics, providing pragmatic and expert advice.
- Act as subject matter expert to support our seller, marketing, brand, and trust and safety teams on a range of external DEI initiatives and projects.
- Support the design of our 2023 DEI goals, covering both people and marketplace matters, in close collaboration with the business and Etsy Inc.
- You have at least 4-5 years experience in fields relating to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Experience creating and driving program processes which enable smooth execution and continuous improvement.
- Experience in equality, diversity and inclusion legislation and policies, including firsthand knowledge of best practices with a track record of implementing successful DEI initiatives.
- Outstanding stakeholder management, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical cross-functional groups on a global scale.
- Exceptional emotional intelligence, judgement, and ability to cope with emotional content, difficult conversations, and issues of identity, trauma, and belonging.
- High attention to detail and ability to distil complex ideas into clear guidance and communications in a fast-paced environment.
- Have a roll-up-your-sleeves and get the work done attitude.
- Leads with optimism.
Health + Mental Wellbeing
- Cash-plan or PMI - you have the choice of a healthcare plan that best suits you
- Subsidised counselling and coaching - we partner with Selfspace to provide you the opportunity for a good conversation with a qualified person
- Cycle to Work scheme - choose between Evans or the Green Commute Initiative to help access a bike for your commute
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) - have access to a confidential support network of expert advice 24/7
- Mental Health First Aiders - we have trained individuals across the business to offer support and signposting
- 25 days annual leave with the option to carryover up to 5 days
- 1 company-wide day off per quarter, for you to take some time for yourself and decompress
- 2 activism days per year for you to use for volunteering, demonstrations or internal initiatives
- We offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees.
We’re Flexa® accredited, meaning we offer genuinely flexible working;
- We'd love you to head to your nearest Depop office once a week, but feel free to work from home the rest of the week!
- Want to head into the office more? No problem, you can opt to be "Office-Based", with your very own desk.
- Do you do your best work from home? You can also request to be a remote worker, and only head into the office 4 times per year *role dependent
- In the office, we provide healthy snacks, tea and coffee and the occasional surprise treats!
- All of our offices are also dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Apply to work abroad 4 weeks of the year (in UK tax treaty countries)
- Maternity + Paternity Leave, plus adoption leave, IVF leave, shared parental leave + paid emergency parent/carer leave
Learn and Grow
- We offer a personal learning budget for every employee and also sponsor and run a myriad of programmes, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us.
- Life Insurance (financial compensation of 3x your salary)
- Pension (Depop will match your contribution up to 6% of your qualifying earnings)
And finally, as a valued Depop employee We waive all of our employees’ fees when they sell on Depop and also ship your sold items anywhere in the UK for free using our team’s account