Depop is the community-powered marketplace app where people exploring style and the latest trends come to shop and sell circular fashion. With over 26m users in more than 150 countries, Depop is the place for anyone looking to celebrate style on their terms and keeping millions of items of clothing in rotation.
Founded in 2011, Depop has its headquarters in London and offices in Manchester, New York and Sydney with 400 employees dedicated to helping build a new fashion system that’s kinder to people and kinder to the planet.
In 2021, Depop joined Etsy, Inc. as a wholly-owned subsidiary and continues to operate as a standalone marketplace for fashion items, community and creativity.
Our brand operates on three values:
Trust and Safety at Depop
Keeping our community safe on Depop requires both industry leading policies and operational processes that allow us to protect our users. The trust and safety team at Depop supports our community through both direct support interactions as well as building scalable solutions to keep our users safe. To boost our company-wide efforts to protect users every day we are seeking a strategic leader who is eager to learn, and is excited to build systems to support millions of people. This critical role is tasked with overseeing all of Depop’s Trust and Safety policies through to enforcement in the day-to-day operations of the business. The head of Trust and Safety will continue to develop a high performing team who lead change throughout the organisation.
We value people who can think strategically using macro-level insights, while still caring for micro-level cases affecting our community. We're targeting an intellectually curious and creative person who is comfortable operating in ambiguity — a strategic thinker with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills. This is the right role for someone with the drive to take ownership of complex tasks and projects, react effectively to dynamic challenges in a fast-paced, high intensity environment, and independently prioritize their activity to deliver the results that our globally expanding business needs. This leader needs to be a strong communicator, collaborator and influencer with the drive to get things done and gaining momentum across different teams.
Own the strategic vision and operationalisation of Depop’s Global Trust & Safety org
Help transform Depop’s Moderation operations and maximise impact of our workforce in partnership with internal cross-functional teams to build next generation services. Drive alignment on staffing, infrastructure, tooling investments.
Anticipate Trust & Safety vulnerabilities to assess risk and develop mitigation strategies.
Take ownership of developing and driving plans from inception to delivery
Develop a comprehension of safety issues and the architecture and integration points of Depop’ community safety support processes, products, and policies
Keep up-to-date on industry trends and emerging issues in the Trust & Safety space
Be a thought leader in the Trust and Safety domain, partnering with cross functional stakeholders to champion our mission of ensuring that Depop is a safe, trusted space for our community
Communicate feedback, challenges, roadblocks, insights effectively and concisely to appropriate audiences and stakeholders.
Steer and develop managers to further deepen domain expertise and foster a culture of integrity, service excellence, accountability, innovation, best practice sharing across a global operations team.
Ability to remain calm and effective under pressure and coach teams to effectively navigate and communicate in a fast paced and ambiguous environment.
Significant experience leading teams in Trust & Safety in domains such as content moderation, compliance, risk or authentication.
Track record of operationalising company vision and strategy into departmental plans and measurable outcomes
Critical thinker with the ability to interpret regulatory and policy requirements, and translate them into operational processes
Effective written and verbal communication and excellent stakeholder management skills
Experience working / building relationships with cross-functional teams, delivering impact through communication, influencing teams towards achieving goals.
Inspiring, mindful and inclusive leader with respect for diversity of thought
Strong business acumen, strategic and analytical capabilities with operational rigour and proactive can-do mentality
Comfortable operating in a fast changing environment, striking the right balance between speed and accuracy.
Written and verbal proficiency in English
- Experience working in the technology sector or other fast-paced environment, preferably in a two-sided marketplace
- Technology/UGC platforms industry domain expertise.
- Experience with process design, implementation, and improvement
Health + Mental Wellbeing
- Cash-plan or PMI - you have the choice of a healthcare plan that best suits you
- Subsidised counselling and coaching - we partner with Selfspace to provide you the opportunity for a good conversation with a qualified person
- Cycle to Work scheme - choose between Evans or the Green Commute Initiative to help access a bike for your commute
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) - have access to a confidential support network of expert advice 24/7
- Mental Health First Aiders - we have trained individuals across the business to offer support and signposting
- 25 days annual leave with the option to carryover up to 5 days
- 1 company-wide day off per quarter, for you to take some time for yourself and decompress
- 2 activism days per year for you to use for volunteering, demonstrations or internal initiatives
- We offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees.
We’re Flexa® accredited, meaning we offer genuinely flexible working;
- We'd love you to head to your nearest Depop office once a week, but feel free to work from home the rest of the week!
- Want to head into the office more? No problem, you can opt to be "Office-Based", with your very own desk.
- Do you do your best work from home? You can also request to be a remote worker, and only head into the office 4 times per year *role dependent
- In the office, we provide healthy snacks, tea and coffee and the occasional surprise treats!
- All of our offices are also dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Apply to work abroad 4 weeks of the year (in UK tax treaty countries)
- Maternity + Paternity Leave, plus adoption leave, IVF leave, shared parental leave + paid emergency parent/carer leave
Learn and Grow
- We offer a personal learning budget for every employee and also sponsor and run a myriad of programmes, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us.
- Life Insurance (financial compensation of 3x your salary)
- Pension (Depop will match your contribution up to 6% of your qualifying earnings)
And finally, as a valued Depop employee We waive all of our employees’ fees when they sell on Depop and also ship your sold items anywhere in the UK for free using our team’s account