As a Sales Engineer at deepset, you will become part of our first North American team, contributing to the growth of a new region. You will directly deliver value to customers, by collaborating with Sales and Engineering teams through pre-sales activities, aiming to transform customers’ data and satisfy their information needs.
We are an open-source startup that empowers developers to build flexible and powerful semantic search systems to query all types of data using our Haystack framework.
deepset is at the forefront of natural language processing (NLP) and we are on our way to becoming a standard for semantic search. Come join our team and work with tech experts on real-world cases, in a fast-paced and high-impact environment, and shape the NLP space together with us.
Life at deepset
At deepset you will find an environment with equal opportunities to grow, share ideas, build relationships, and succeed. We believe every employee is important and generates a direct impact on our team’s success.
We are certified by Flexa® Careers as a flexible employer, and our remote first culture is designed to provide work-life balance, autonomy, and flexibility.
Our daily meetings, the quarterly in person "Re.Base", and the social events allow us to work with great synergy. We would like to invite you to visit our life page to learn more about our culture.
- Take responsibility for the technical aspects of the deals, while working closely in collaboration and alignment with the Solution Engineering team
- Produce proposals and RFP responses, provide demos/POCs and create reusable assets to facilitate pre-sales processes
- Configure tooling for Haystack, deepset Cloud, and the Haystack annotation tool
- Demonstrate curiosity and interest about the domain of the customer, and have an understanding of the use cases and business problems
- Participate in client meetings, presentations, and marketing events on demand
- Assist with account management activities
- University degree in Computer Science or comparable qualification
- A strong relationship builder with strong communication skills, with 5+ years of the overall experience, preferably in Enterprise sales working with Mid-market and Fortune 1000 Enterprise companies
- Working experience in Python, with Machine Learning understanding
- Understanding NLP and Haystack will be considered a plus
- Remote-first: You can choose to work from home or any other workspace that suits you. We offer a home office budget for equipment and furniture, and we would be happy to sponsor a co-working spot.
- Connect: We have a virtual office, a monthly social budget to reconnect virtually or in person, regular walk and talks with colleagues from other teams, and a flexible travel policy that enables you to meet colleagues in-person when needed.
- Re:base: Once every few months we meet in person. We believe it's great to still see each other occasionally in real life. We have good discussions, we do workshops, we brainstorm, we have lunches together, and we have fun. We cover travel expenses for sure.
- You are an owner: We offer every employee the opportunity to be enrolled in the employee stock option plan and own a part of the company.
- Personal time off: If you want to recharge and travel the world - there are 27 days of paid holidays.
- Choose your tech: Linux, Windows, or macOS? Laptop or PC? The choice is yours and we will provide what you need.
- Health and/or pension fund fitting with your main working location: E.g. Company pension scheme for Germany, Health insurance for the US
What colleagues say
- “As many others, I learned about deepset through the German Bert model. I`m proud to be part of a truly cutting-edge NLP company and excited to enable others to utilize our technology.” (Miriam, Applied NLP Engineer)
- "I'm passionate about early open source teams and products. As an ex-founder, I know the challenges of building OSS and I wanted to help. I'm also excited about the technology adoption for NLP and QA.” (Andrey, Head of Product Marketing)
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options deepset provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure deepset is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at deepset
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)
We have "hubs" (i.e. place where more than one person lives) in Berlin, Krakow, Hamburg and Munich.
What employees are saying
"Everyone cares sincerely about each other's well-being, as well as encouraging employees to take time for themselves and adapting schedules to meet your personal and family needs."
Anonymous Engineer at deepset