A little flex time
As a Junior Applied NLP Engineer you will be applying cutting-edge NLP techniques to real-world problems. You will acquire deep insights into all NLP methods within Haystack like dense retrieval, Question Answering, generative Question Answering, Summarization etc. You will use the deepset Cloud - our complementary SaaS product to streamline Haystack workflows - to transform customer data and satisfy their information needs. You will directly deliver value to customers and interact with our open source and product team to find the best solutions.
We are an open source startup that empowers developers to build flexible and powerful semantic search systems to query all types of data using our Haystack framework.
deepset is at the forefront of natural language processing (NLP) and we are on our way to becoming a standard for semantic search. Come join our team and work with tech experts on real-world cases, in a fast-paced and high-impact environment, and shape the NLP space together with us.
Life at deepset
At deepset you will find an environment with equal opportunities to grow, share ideas, build relationships, and succeed. We believe every employee is important and generates a direct impact on our team’s success.
We are certified by Flexa® Careers as a flexible employer, and our remote first culture is designed to provide work-life balance, autonomy, and flexibility.
Our daily meetings, the quarterly in person "Re.Base", and the social events allow us to work with great synergy. We would like to invite you to visit our life page to learn more about our culture.
- Learn how to search for or extract information with Haystack/deepset Cloud
- Understand the customer's domain data, their use-case, needs, and processes to optimally solve their problem
- Define and learn the skills to communicate with customers to define goals, timelines, and report results
- Rapid prototyping of cutting edge NLP methods
- You will have direct insights into the product and influence how it shapes
- You have an intense desire to learn new skills, a hands-on mentality and you are a team player
- University degree in Computer Science or comparable qualification
- You bring Python and ML skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Big plus: Experience with NLP/DL
- Remote-first: You can choose to work from home or any other workspace that suits you. We offer a home office budget for equipment and furniture, and we would be happy to sponsor a co-working spot.
- Grow: Personal and professional growth is important to us. We have a budget to learn and develop new skills, the chance to speak at conferences, and our team-favorite is the monthly “Hacky Friday”.
- Connect: We have a virtual office, a monthly social budget to reconnect virtually or in person, regular walk and talks with colleagues from other teams, and a flexible travel policy that enables you to meet colleagues in-person when needed.
- Re:base: Once every few months we meet in person. We believe it's great to still see each other occasionally in real life. We have good discussions, we do workshops, we brainstorm, we have lunches together, and we have fun. We cover travel expenses for sure.
- You are an owner: We offer every employee the opportunity to be enrolled in the employee stock option plan and own a part of the company.
- Personal time off: If you want to recharge and travel the world - there are 27 days of paid holidays.
- Choose your tech: Linux, Windows, or macOS? Laptop or PC? The choice is yours and we will provide what you need.
What colleagues say
- "Initially, I engaged with deepset as a use case expert in the scientific domain. Instantly, the expertise, friendliness, and great dynamic in the team hooked me. Working on exciting tasks with cutting-edge tech is a fantastic experience, and I am thrilled about all to come." (Julian, Field Engineer)
- "Joining deepset has been rewarding from day one: I could work right away on challenging, interesting topics at the cutting edge of NLP with a really talented and welcoming team of engineers.” (Sara, NLP Engineer)