Senior Ruby on Rails Software Engineer, Web App (Remote, Europe)
Leadfeeder is a fast-growing international SaaS scale-up, headquartered in Helsinki, Finland. We are an international remote team of 130+ members from around the world. We've developed an online service which automates sales lead generation for B2B companies.
Our 50+ strong in-house, all-remote engineering team is responsible for developing new features, and otherwise improving and maintaining the Leadfeeder product.
We are organised in feature-oriented, cross-functional squads. Each squad is responsible for specific features of the product, and works tightly together with high autonomy.
We pride ourselves on keeping apps working smoothly, and the codebase tidy and well-tested. We dedicate time for upgrades, refactoring, and overall improvements for developer productivity and happiness.
We believe in listening to everyone's ideas and feedback – no matter what your role is, you get to have a say in the product and technical decisions of your squad.
Backend Engineers in the Web squads at Leadfeeder work on components that collect and aggregate data from other internal and external sources and make sure that the information is appropriately modelled and accessible via various APIs. They are on the front line of product development, bootstrapping new applications and cooperating closely with Product Managers, Frontend developers, Site Reliability Engineers, among other teams.
Being part of the Web-focused squads at Leadfeeder involves working with a broad series of technologies. These include: Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq, Redis, gRPC, Elasticsearch, Kubernetes as well as a number of AWS-managed databases and other services.
What you’ll work on:
- Build public and private APIs to support development of new features and products
- Take ownership of the data design in multiple relational and non-relational databases (including Elasticsearch)
- Use various APM tools to monitor performance and identify issues and ensure that proper alerting is in place
- With the help of Site Reliability Engineers, use Terraform to update and extend our AWS-based infrastructure
- Review and resolve infosec issues submitted by independent researchers
- Provide code reviews to your peers
- Over 5 years of working experience writing maintainable and well-tested Ruby on Rails apps
- Knowledge of database technologies
- Skills and the right mentality for test automation
- Ability to help and improve the work of your colleagues through your teamwork and communication skills
- Experience managing, monitoring and troubleshooting production grade web applications
- Be physically located within European timezones
Seen as a good addition:
- Experience working with various APIs
- DevOps, AWS, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes
- Serverless computing, AWS stack in particular
- Web Analytics
- Personal budget for home office improvements
- Company hardware or monthly financial support for using your own equipment
- Flexible working hours
- Access to weekly yoga / fitness / meditation classes online
- Mental Health support
- Bi-annual company retreats
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Dealfront provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Dealfront is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Dealfront
Gender diversity (male:female)
What employees are saying
It's refreshing to see a company that promotes work/ life balance, actually hold true to that. Since flexible working is the norm around here, it never has to be awkward when asking for time off or asking to switch up your hours a bit for the day. Dealfront really does practice what they preach.