We are a high-growth FinTech start-up using data and machine learning to revolutionize the insurance industry. We’re looking for someone to lead our strong and mission driven team, working to build a customer facing product that fundamentally changes the way insurers process risk, enabling them to move from highly manual workflows, to digital risk flows.
About the role:
You will be helping to build Cytora’s Underwriting Productivity Suite, a serverless based web application that increases the efficiency and effectiveness of underwriters thereby reducing expense ratios and delivering profitable growth to our customers.
Our team is multidisciplinary, composed of UX designers, QA engineers, frontend/backend engineers, and product managers working together to build powerful solutions that allow our clients to integrate Cytora’s data and automation features into their insurance workflows.
- We are building cross functional teams where each team is involved in building and maintaining infrastructure
- We are looking for somebody to take the lead on designing and developing our cloud infrastructure. You will be working in a cross functional team made up of front-end, back-end and testers
- We have the mid- to long-term requirement to scale, and the short-term requirement to deliver really fast, so this engineer will need to have good intuition on the level of complexity our systems need
Along with core technical skills, we are excited about colleagues who bring passion for the craft of inventing and building products from the ground up. This means providing feedback to product managers and the wider company, contributing to roadmaps, and bringing your creativity to bear by suggesting features and improvements based on your technical understanding of what is possible and needed. We are looking for someone who is customer-centric, values-driven, and collaborative with great communication skills.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to talk to colleagues about your work in a way that educates and inspires
- Experience building and maintaining Kubernetes clusters using AWS EKS
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals, including VPC configuration and security
- Strong experience using Terraform
- Experience building and maintaining multi-region deployments
Nice to have:
- Experience using a range of AWS services, including but not limited to: Lambda, SQS and SES
- Experience designing both single tenancy and multi tenancy solutions
- Maintaining CI/CD pipelines (we use CircleCI)
- Prior experience using GCP is a plus, but not essential!
- Experience using an OOP language (we use Python) or a willingness to learn
- Awareness of GDPR compliant systems
- Experience building event-driven, serverless applications
- Stock options
- Enhanced parental leave
- Private health insurance - UK only*
- Choice of laptop
- £2000 travel budget
- Company trips
*We employ people across the UK and EU (using a 3rd party Employer of Record model), and inevitably the benefits that we can offer vary slightly in different territories, due to local employment law and feasibility. Our salary range does not vary depending on territory.
Cytora are a remote-first company. You can be located anywhere within the UK or the EU.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Cytora provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Cytora is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Cytora
Gender diversity (male:female)
What employees are saying
"I've been in other companies in this sector and Cytora is by far the friendliest and most flexible when it comes to how we work."
Anonymous Cytora Employee