A little flex time
Currencycloud is somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. We know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why we are looking for exceptional talent to join our international payments revolution.
We are an open & collaborative Fintech unicorn that lives and breathes our company values:
Be Human, Better Together and Own it.
The Regulatory Manager is a key part of Currencycloud's second line of defence (“2LOD”) Compliance function, and sits within the Risk and Regulatory team. The Regulatory Manager will manage and continually enhance Currencycycloud’s global approach to regulatory compliance and plays a critical role in maintaining our relationships with our regulators in the UK. The Regulatory Manager will report into the Head of Risk and Regulatory.
The Regulatory Manager will be responsible for ensuring Currencycloud meets its regulatory compliance obligations (including implementation of upcoming regulations), submits regulatory reporting to the regulator (FCA), develops internal regulatory and compliance policies and procedures (those not related to AML), and carries out ongoing horizon scanning of the regulatory landscape as it applies to the business.
Regulatory Manager is responsible for regulatory compliance matters impacting Currencycloud. This role involves working across all business units to provide support and advice, working closely with executives and senior leaders on projects including global expansion plans, liaising with regulators, and helping shape future product and technology initiatives to ensure they meet regulatory requirements.
The role involves researching global regulatory regimes, producing timely and accurate recommendations, liasing with external and internal stakeholders and submitting returns, notifications and filings in line with the requirements.
The role is extremely varied – ranging from high-profile licence application projects through to ongoing review and oversight of regulatory policy development and ad hoc advice and research work.
You will be:
- Responsible for timely and accurate submission of regulatory reports and returns to the FCA and other applicable - regulators
- Supporting the business to increase its global footprint through global regulatory licencing application and ongoing reporting
- Developing and reviewing internal policies and procedures (not AML related)
- Providing regulatory advice and support to the business
- Managing external advisory relationships
- Carrying out regulatory research relevant to the business and communicating findings in a clear, simple and concise manner
- Performing horizon scanning of the regulatory landscape relevant to Currencycloud
- Supporting the business on understanding the implementation and impact of new regulations, laws, rules and guidance into products and services
- Responding to regulatory risks identified and recommending actions to reduce/limit the risks
- Providing regulatory insights and expertise to the wider Compliance team
- Identifying training needs and provide relevant training to the business when required
- Supporting the Head of Risk and Regulatory with obtaining external legal opinions on regulatory matters and other legal documents where appropriate, as might be required from time to time
Skills and experience:
- In-depth knowledge of relevant regulations and rules applicable to Currencycloud (key regulations - EMRs, PSRs, FCA’s Payments and E Money Approach document, EBA guidelines applicable to payments services providers)
- Ability to provide timely and accurate regulatory advice to the business
- Delivering against regulatory reporting schedules (e.g. FCA reporting via RegData for EMIs and PIs)
- Awareness of key regulatory risks to Currencycloud business model
- Development of policies and procedures
- Providing valid challenge and making recommendations as and when necessary
- Global regulatory research and licence preparation (e.g. authorisation applications to regulators)
- Candidates with a legal background are welcome (e.g. experience studying or practising law) - this is not a prerequisite but can be helpful for the elements of the role which require understanding, interpreting and implementing regulatory requirements
- Previous people management experience (e.g. line manager role) is a nice-to-have but not a requirement for this job.
The Personality Traits:
Currencycloud’s values are Better Together, Own It, and Be Human - our ideal candidates will show that they live these values day-to-day.
- Keen analytical skills
- Time efficient and exceptional organsational skills
- Strong communicator – both verbally and in writing
- Self-starter and capable of working to own initiative
- Inquisitive and confident in questioning the status quo
- Good team player
We are a remote-first company; whichever location you’re contracted to, we leave it up to you and your manager to agree on how often you come into the office. To make things easier we offer an allowance so you can create your own working space at home because we REALLY mean it when we say remote first.
Your health and well-being are of paramount importance to us, and so our jampacked employee benefits reflect this!
We offer a competitive salary, an individual learning and development budget, a pension or 401K contribution, mental health days and comprehensive health care that includes annual optical and dental allowances, access to mental health support and a monthly allowance that you can spend on anything health or wellness related!
At the moment we are unable to consider applicants living outside of our entities and we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
We aren’t currently looking for additional Recruiter support on this role and won’t be accepting any unsolicited CVs