Currencycloud is somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. We know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why we are looking for exceptional talent to join our international payments revolution.
We are an open & collaborative Fintech unicorn that lives and breathes our company values: Be Human, Better Together and Own it.
Remote working?It’s a key topic at the moment, we have addressed this by implementing a “Remote-First” policy. What this ultimately means is you have the choice as to whether you Work Fully Remotely, or visit the lush offices in London, Cardiff or Amsterdam; it’s up to you!
About the rolePrincipal Engineers report to the VP of Principal Engineering, forming part of a wider team focusing on specific technical challenges and business domains.
This is a hands-on technical role providing strategic guidance to a business domain, enterprise level architecture and coaching and support to teams and individuals to constantly uplift the engineering maturity of the organisation.
Specifically, we're hiring here for someone to own our Treasury and Compliance domain, so any experience in these areas is a bonus
What you'll get to do:
- Work with the Principal Engineers group to:
- Work with Delivery Teams in your domain to:
- Take a leading role in the continual improvement tools and techniques at a team and enterprise level.
- Take a leading role in the internal technology community of Currencycloud.
- Act as an advocate and an implementation coach for new technologies and new solutions throughout the enterprise.
- Define, curate and own the enterprise architecture of Currencycloud.- Convert the business goals into technology goals and deliverables at the level of the enterprise.- Define and curate best in class patterns and practices for the whole technology organisation.- Understand and articulate how strategic decisions will impact the overall Developer Experience.
- Explain architectural decisions and how they should best be used.- Map the strategic technology deliverables to team deliverables and ensure a pragmatic balance between tactical and strategic goals.- Drive the adoption of the right patterns and practices to take full advantage of the strategic decisions and the enterprise architecture.- Provide the necessary mentorship, advice and support to ensure that all technologists can be the best they can be.
About your experience:
- Experience in creating and curating a technology strategy for an enterprise, ideally in a high availability, highly scalable, low latency environment
- Technical leadership experience including responsibility for enterprise-level OKRs and deliverables
- Experience in driving positive change towards DevOps, Agile and general Engineering Maturity
- Responsibility over the architecture of enterprise-level solutions
- Experience of working in large scale, highly available Cloud solutions
- Experience working in highly regulated environments, preferably in Financial Services and a proven track record of translating regulatory requirements into technology deliverables.
- Experience in working with an enterprise solution distributed across multiple regions or multiple cloud providers
- A long career in solution delivery including internal and customer facing products that delighted the end users
What skills you need:
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and presentations.
- Ability to build a consensus and generate a groundswell of opinion supporting the consensus to drive adoption.
- A high level of understanding of Application Security and Data Security and how it affects technology deliverables.
- An understanding of Finops concepts and how technology implementation decisions at a tactical and strategic level can affect the cost of a solution.
- The ability to analyse a problem domain and a solution and recognise the right level of detail and abstraction to lead discussions with different stakeholders.
- Good technical skills including:
- AWS tools and technologies- Kubernetes- CI / CD tools and techniques- Infrastructure as code using e.g. Terraform of CloudFormation- Ideally a Java programming background, although this isn't essential - Understanding of performance analysis at every level of magnification of a system down to, for example, JVM optimisation
We are a remote-first company; whichever location you’re contracted to, we leave it up to you and your manager to agree on how often you come into the office. To make things easier we offer an allowance so you can create your own working space at home because we REALLY mean it when we say remote first.
Your health and well-being are of paramount importance to us, and so our jampacked employee benefits reflect this!
We offer a competitive salary, an individual learning and development budget, a pension or 401K contribution, mental health days and comprehensive health care that includes annual optical and dental allowances, access to mental health support and a monthly allowance that you can spend on anything health or wellness related!
At the moment we are unable to consider applicants living outside of our entities and we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
We aren’t currently looking for additional Recruiter support on this role and won’t be accepting any unsolicited CVs
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Currencycloud provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Currencycloud is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Currencycloud
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Cardiff, Amsterdam, New York, Singapore