A little flex time
Currencycloud is somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. We know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why we are looking for exceptional talent to join our international payments revolution.
We are an open & collaborative Fintech unicorn that lives and breathes our company values:
Be Human, Better Together and Own it.
About the role...
The role holder is responsible for the delivery and operation of the Compliance framework for the APAC business, ensuring that the company observes all relevant local and international Regulatory and Financial Crime requirements, as well as ensuring the business is well positioned to onboard and transact with APAC customers in target segments.
- Direct oversight of the company’s activity in APAC
- Developing and maintaining the compliance program (and associated policies and procedures) across APAC in line with our global policies. Being responsible for the implementation of the polices
- Leading efforts to establish and maintain a robust, scalable client due diligence onboarding program for the APAC market – in line with the company’s global program
- Managing the relationship with regulators and banking partners in APAC
- Collaborate with the Global Compliance team to establish and evolve local procedures and risk appetite
- Managing the company’s licences in APAC and managing the process of filing for new licences (with outside counsel/internal licensing manager)
- Support banking team in setting up and maintaining banking relationships with providers in APAC (including supporting DD/EDD and relationship management with Compliance counterparts)
- Act as the MLRO
Skills Knowledge & Expertise
- Min 5 years’ relevant experience in AML Compliance or Financial Crime or related area
- Candidates must have or be able to develop a strong AML, regulatory risk, and compliance such for APAC
- Strong background with international payments and cross jurisdictional rules and regulations
- Experience working with regulators in Singapore (e.g. MAS) and Australia (e.g. AUSTRAC) and in applying/renewing payment licences in APAC
- Experience with FX, e-commerce, card issuing, merchant acquiring and MSB products and services
- KYC due diligence and onboarding of clients, affiliates and third parties and knowledge in Sanctions/OFAC management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, auditors, and regulatory examiners.
- Structured and well organised, ability to prioritise multiple tasks and to bring open projects to closure. Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent management skills (both process and people)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence others for results
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to assess complex issues and structure appropriate solutions and recommendations
- Excellent team working skills, ability to manage own workload and tenacious attention to detail
- Relevant Compliance qualifications including CAMS (or ability/commitment to undertake within short order)
We are a remote-first company; whichever location you’re contracted to, we leave it up to you and your manager to agree on how often you come into the office. To make things easier we offer an allowance so you can create your own working space at home because we REALLY mean it when we say remote first.
Your health and well-being are of paramount importance to us, and so our jampacked employee benefits reflect this!
We offer a competitive salary, an individual learning and development budget, a pension or 401K contribution, mental health days and comprehensive health care that includes annual optical and dental allowances, access to mental health support and a monthly allowance that you can spend on anything health or wellness related!
At the moment we are unable to consider applicants living outside of our entities and we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
We aren’t currently looking for additional Recruiter support on this role and won’t be accepting any unsolicited CVs