A little flex time
Currencycloud is somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. We know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why we are looking for exceptional talent to join our international payments revolution.
We are an open & collaborative Fintech unicorn that lives and breathes our company values:
Be Human, Better Together and Own it.
It’s a key topic at the moment. We have addressed this by implementing a “Remote-First” policy, which means that you have the choice as to work Fully Remotely, or to visit the lush offices in London, Cardiff or Amsterdam; it’s up to you!
About the role...
Our software engineers are responsible for implementing an industry-leading API that has already processed over $50 billion of cross-border transactions for over 5 million end users, and is available to our clients 24/7. But we’re not stopping there, and our engineers are at the forefront of taking us forward to meet the demands of an even greater scale.
We are currently looking to rewrite all frontend components of the Currencycloud estate. This includes our world-leading white label product (Direct), our onboarding engine, and our developer portal. As a Frontend Developer, you'll get to contribute to frontend using tech including ReactJS, NextJS, and VueJS.
What will I get to do?
- As a Frontend Developer, you’ll play a key role within your team. This involves taking responsibility for your services and the technology within them. You’ll also help to develop your team, its relationship with your product owner, and the broader business. Teams are aligned to services and you’ll have:
- clear ownership of your domain
- an independent path to production
- strong platform and product support
- the ability to make real changes with real business value
- opportunity to provide guidance and mentoring to more junior members of the team
- you won’t just be passed back end data to work with; you’ll collaborate with back end engineers to create solutions together
What skills do I need?
- We ask that you have experience with:
- 3+ years experience in software development
- Experience with frontend frameworks, ideally React.JS (we also use Vue.JS)
- Agile ways of working such as Scrum or Kanban in Cross-functional teams
- Our Tech Stack includes:
- A range of backend technologies such as Ruby and NodeJS
- Testing approaches, including TDD, BDD and Contract Testing, all form an important part of our approach to quality assurance; ensuring that the code that we write forms products that are fit for use. We currently use Jest and Playwright
- Agile development, with teams broadly aligned with the Spotify - Squads & Tribes - model, helps us deliver incremental improvements to our products in an iterative manner. Advocating this model, and joining us on a journey of continuous improvement, is a key attribute of members of our teams
- GitHub, and the GitHub PR review process, forms a core part of our engineering workflow, and peer reviews help share knowledge and improve quality
- Cloud-related tools and services support these applications, such as AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, JenkinsX and Datadog APM, to name but a few
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines allow us to “automate all the things”, providing repeatable builds and consistent deployments
- Teamwork, and cross-team collaboration, is fundamental to the delivery of our applications. Whilst each application has an independent path to production, there will always be some activities and initiatives that span multiple teams and require cross-team collaboration. Within your team you’ll need to collaborate with a number of stakeholders, including Product Owners and QA, as part of your product development
We are a remote-first company; whichever location you’re contracted to, we leave it up to you and your manager to agree on how often you come into the office. To make things easier we offer an allowance so you can create your own working space at home because we REALLY mean it when we say remote first.
Your health and well-being are of paramount importance to us, and so our jampacked employee benefits reflect this!
We offer a competitive salary, an individual learning and development budget, a pension or 401K contribution, mental health days and comprehensive health care that includes annual optical and dental allowances, access to mental health support and a monthly allowance that you can spend on anything health or wellness related!
At the moment we are unable to consider applicants living outside of our entities and we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
We aren’t currently looking for additional Recruiter support on this role and won’t be accepting any unsolicited CVs