3–4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Workspace Support Engineer
Are you an enthusiastic and customer-focused individual with a great work ethic? Are you looking for an opportunity to learn and develop within a dynamic and progressive organisation? Do you have an inquisitive nature and the ability to use technology to solve problems? If so then an opportunity within the Google Workspace Support function at CTS could be perfect for you!
You’d join a dynamic team of Engineers and Specialists who excel in providing a high-quality service to clients across the globe. Our clients range from organisations with many thousands of staff through to small businesses supporting a handful of employees.
At CTS we understand the importance of giving our employees the tools to do their job effectively. We can provide training and development opportunities that will enable you to learn new skills and take on additional responsibilities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing first-class support and interactions with the customer via Service Portal, telephone, email and Google Chat/Meet sessions. Our expanding portfolio of services gives you the opportunity to develop your career in areas such as Professional Services, Training, Systems/Software Architecture, Software Development and Google Cloud Platform technologies.
What you’ll do:
- Provide support and advice to clients on the Google Workspace platform
- Adhere to the service level agreements dealing with enquiries in a professional and timely manner
- Actively contributes to the handling of calls within the Support Telephony function
- Contribute to the continual improvement of service and regular reporting
- Provide on-call support for clients out-of-hours via a rota system
- Demonstrable experience in a customer-facing service desk/helpdesk role
- Able to build trust quickly and adapt to a variety of different people and situations
- The ability to analyse and methodically resolve problems
- Is able to produce content and technical documentation that can be used to train new team members.
- Is confident dealing with a customer escalation with guidance on how to respond.
- A natural curiosity and experience in applying technology to resolve customer issues
- The ability to convey complex issues to people at all levels of seniority both verbally and in writing
- Understands the foundations of Service Management, including ticket types, SLA’s and the importance of being able to correctly categorise/prioritise tickets.
- Enthusiasm and self-assuredness
- Confidence with technology and the Internet
- Technical expertise with the Google Workspace Platform is desirable but not essential as training can be given
- Knowledge of Zendesk or other comparable ticketing systems
- The ability to communicate in languages other than English
- Experience in SaaS/IaaS, specifically Google Cloud Technologies
- Is working towards, or has obtained, ITIL Foundation Management Certification
What you’ll get:
In addition to the competitive salary (see our “Fair pay. Done right” commitment below), you’ll get private health insurance and company contributed pensions as standard.
We have a multitude of other benefits, including a market leading parental leave policy, unlimited paid holidays, regular opportunities to attain industry recognised training and access to a discounts and rewards programme (including discounted gym membership). We've also recently announced our Work From Anywhere policy!
You’ll be invited to the bi-annual international company ‘kick off’ conferences, which are a great chance to meet your colleagues that you don’t see everyday.
As part of our DNA, we offer a flexible working environment, so we encourage you to apply and ask if this is something you require.
Our "Fair Pay. Done Right." commitment; We don't advertise salary brackets because we don't have salary brackets. We encourage conversation about your (and our) salary expectations from the off and throughout your time with us, but we don't want to discourage anyone from applying because they are on significantly more or less than a "bracket".
We have offices based in Manchester, Edinburgh, London & Utrecht. However we are more than happy to consider remote working for this position.
So what’s next?
Contact us directly at email@example.com for more info.
CTS is the largest dedicated Google Cloud practice in Europe and one of the world’s leading cloud transformation experts. We offer a unique full stack Google Cloud solution for businesses, encompassing cloud migration, transformative working and IT infrastructure, through to machine learning, big data and app development.
We have a brilliant team of more than 230 people in offices in Manchester, Edinburgh, London & Utrecht as well as across our globally remote workforce. But we’re still growing, and that means we need more brilliant people who share our ambition to join our team.
We’re committed to equal opportunities and actively promote a diverse and inclusive working environment, and fairness for everyone.