3–4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Technical Account Manager
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) is an exciting new role in our GCP Managed Services practise. You will ensure our customers receive a first class experience through coordinating with CTS engineering resources and helping our customers to define and progress their Google Cloud Strategy.
The role offers a great opportunity to work with our varied and interesting GCP customer base, day to day. The successful candidate will build strong relationships - acting as a trusted advisor and as a senior stakeholder between customers and CTS’ engineering teams. A successful TAM utilises their relationship management skills and technical credibility to effectively communicate at all levels of the organisation.
The core mission of this role is to ensure successful delivery of managed services contracts and facilitate improvements to the customers platform, experience and efficiencies of CTS managed services.
What you’ll do:
- As part of the Managed Service Lead’s team you will own and manage the successful adoption of managed services for a number of key customers.
- Be an escalation point on high priority requests, understand your customers priorities and help champion the customer within CTS.
- Become a trusted advisor to customers by having a thorough understanding of their cloud environment, business challenges, and the services provided by CTS.
- Responsible for discussing CTS managed service offerings and supporting our sales team in selling CTS managed services to customers.
- Work with customers product owners to prioritise a backlog of feature requests to their service, helping to balance priorities across areas such as regular maintenance, technical debt and new GCP services.
- Have a keen eye for detail over metrics, processes and materials, provide support and promote excellence in this highly collaborative role. Ultimately be data driven and create insightful reports and inferences for customers based on their support metrics examples could be GCP consumption trends, incident patterns, request types etc.
- Identify areas of improvement and liaise with internal stakeholders to support the continual service improvement process at CTS. This will include working closely with other CTS teams.
- Chair and represent the Managed Service team during service reviews and quarterly business reviews with their customers.
- Communicate with customers as the point of escalation for Incident Management, when needed.
- Maintain a strong understanding of products and services being sold.
- Work closely with the Delivery Managers and our Support team role to ensure a smooth transition into ongoing managed services for your customers.
- Passionate about the customer and be their champion internally to both ensure they receive a high quality service and that their voice is heard.
- Previous experience of Technical Account Management/Programme Manager/Product Owner/Customer Success Manager in a varied within an IT Consultancy or large Technology environment (like our customers)
- Experience and passion for technology and it’s potential for positive impact for our customers.
- Passionate about continuous improvement and promoting a culture of feedback driven by data and key metrics.
- Being a “self starter” and being able to balance short and medium term goals with long term strategic approaches.
- Great communication skills, via phone, video and email. You’ll know which is best and when.
- You love to take ownership, take initiative and make things happen. You have real entrepreneurial drive/spirit, and willingness to ‘get involved’ and ‘crack on’ for the benefit of CTS, Google and our clients.
- Understanding of Google Cloud Platform services (or equivalent understanding in AWS/Azure but demonstrate an eagerness to convert to Google)
- Google Cloud Architect or equivalent (e.g. AWS / Azure)
- Experience of Site Reliability Engineering principles
- Exposure to commercial acumen around customer proposals and pricing models
What you’ll get:
In addition to the competitive salary (see our “Fair pay. Done right” commitment below), you’ll get private health insurance and company contributed pensions as standard.
We have a multitude of other benefits, including a market leading parental leave policy, unlimited paid holidays, regular opportunities to attain industry recognised training and access to a discounts and rewards programme (including discounted gym membership). We've also recently announced our Work From Anywhere policy!
You’ll be invited to the bi-annual international company ‘kick off’ conferences, which are a great chance to meet your colleagues that you don’t see everyday.
As part of our DNA, we offer a flexible working environment, so we encourage you to apply and ask if this is something you require.
Our "Fair Pay. Done Right." commitment; We don't advertise salary brackets because we don't have salary brackets. We encourage conversation about your (and our) salary expectations from the off and throughout your time with us, but we don't want to discourage anyone from applying because they are on significantly more or less than a "bracket".
We have offices based in Manchester, Edinburgh, London & Utrecht. However we are more than happy to consider remote working for this position.
So what’s next?
Contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
CTS is the largest dedicated Google Cloud practice in Europe and one of the world’s leading cloud transformation experts. We offer a unique full stack Google Cloud solution for businesses, encompassing cloud migration, transformative working and IT infrastructure, through to machine learning, big data and app development.
We have a brilliant team of more than 230 people in offices in Manchester, Edinburgh, London & Utrecht as well as across our globally remote workforce. But we’re still growing, and that means we need more brilliant people who share our ambition to join our team.
We’re committed to equal opportunities and actively promote a diverse and inclusive working environment, and fairness for everyone.