Python Software Engineer
As a Python Software Engineer you will be at the forefront of cloud technology. You’ll work alongside our talented and collaborative GCP Engineering teams (Data & Platform Engineers, Data Analysts, Cloud Architects), in a customer-facing Engineer role, with opportunities to do back-end, front-end, and infrastructure development.
You will work with external customers, potentially from the early sales stage, assessing and understanding their technical requirements. You'll contribute to a project from the information and discovery stages, through the initial concept and design to implementation, build and support. Exposure to a wide variety of technologies and software is a given and you will be expected to investigate the use of new technologies as they become available.
If you have an interest in working on innovative projects with cutting-edge technology using Google Cloud Platform, this job could be a great opportunity for you. We are aiming to scale up our software engineering capability in the coming months to work alongside our existing Platform and Data teams. Lots of growth opportunities are waiting for you!
A few things you will do...
- Understand existing customer systems and re-architect / modernise them on GCP as part of a wider project team.
- Working with your fellow Engineers to translate customer requirements into technical designs, and follow this through to delivery of the solution.
- Build highly available, global and cloud-native platforms.
- Building software based on modern architecture techniques such as microservices.
- Contribute to internal tooling that the wider GCP teams build and maintain.
- Utilise your knowledge of Python to contribute to project work in the Cloud Data Engineering space.
We would be looking for this hire to gain SC Clearance (or to have existing SC clearance), as you may be aligned to a UK Public Sector customer. To gain SC Clearance you will normally need to have been a UK resident for a minimum of 5 years.
What you’d bring:
We would love it if you could bring these skills with you:
- Hands-on experience with at least one major cloud provider (GCP, AWS, Azure), including the use of their data related components to build solutions.
- Experience with common Python frameworks such as Flask or Django and libraries like numpy and pandas.
- An understanding of modern software patterns and methodologies such as Twelve-Factor, Progressive Apps, Single Page Apps, Observables, etc.
- Happy writing queries against common Databases be it MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.
- Comfortable developing with Docker.
- Experience in using unit testing and CI / CD and following TDD best-practice (utilising frameworks such as Mocha, Jest, Jasmine etc.)
- Experience building, consuming and integrating with REST APIs.
We don't live in the ideal world, so if you’re not familiar with some of the technologies mentioned above, but are motivated to learn, then we would also like to speak to you.
Here at CTS, we help our customers do great things with Google Cloud - and we’d love for you to be a part of our journey. As the largest dedicated Google Cloud practice in Europe, we offer a complete Google Cloud solution for businesses. Whether our customers want to identify leaks faster, track the origin of products in their supply chain, save patients from trying to read doctors’ handwriting or simply collaborate better, we're here to help.
We’re proud to work with businesses who want to differentiate themselves through adopting Google Cloud technologies and creating a culture of innovation and sustainability. Our hard work has been recognised by Google, as a top tier partner we’ve won awards for both Workspace and GCP success. We have a brilliant remote-first team of 300 people across our global workforce, with offices in Manchester, Edinburgh, London and Utrecht.
Driving progress and sustainability is at the heart of what we do, as demonstrated by our B Corp certification. CTS has met diligent social-corporate and environmental standards to achieve this status, which highlights our commitment to employee benefits and company culture, as well as our dedication to continuous improvement. You can even find us in the Flexa Careers list as one of the most flexible companies in the world, and Newsweek’s list of most loved workplaces.
If you’re passionate, curious, and ready to get stuck in and help us do great things using Google Cloud technology, read on to find out more.
Location and flexibility
As part of our DNA, we offer a flexible working environment, so we encourage you to apply and ask if this is something you require.
When it comes to your working location, we’d leave it to you to decide what works best. You can live anywhere in the UK or the Netherlands and work completely remotely if you would prefer.
If you live near any of our offices in Utrecht, Manchester, Edinburgh or London, you can of course also choose to work from the office as often as you want. We may ask you to travel occasionally to one of our offices (or a customer site) for specific meetings or team building/social events.
Fair Pay. Done Right.
Our "Fair Pay. Done Right." commitment: We don't advertise salary brackets because we don't have salary brackets. We encourage conversation about your (and our) salary expectations from the off and throughout your time with us, but we don't want to discourage anyone from applying because they are on significantly more or less than a "bracket".
What you’ll get
In addition to a competitive salary (see our “Fair Pay. Done Right” commitment), the CTS benefits package is outlined below:
- Company contributed pension scheme, private health insurance and Death in Service Scheme.
- Unlimited paid holiday days. It is not all about working!
- Flexible work culture. We trust you to manage your time and workload responsibly.
- Take up to 10 paid 'Learning Days' (in addition to your annual leave) to spend on professional development.
- Work From Anywhere' policy. Work abroad up to 90 days a year
- The ability to complete Professional Google Certifications and other industry-recognized training and certifications (paid for by the company).
- Industry-leading parental leave policies, health and wellness initiatives, and access to a discount and rewards program (including discounted gym memberships).
Our Talent Specialists will contact you a.s.a.p. after your application. If we agree that there is a match, then you'll progress through to a 1st stage interview.
If all interviews go well, we will then make you a nice offer and, if you accept it, we will talk about the onboarding process.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement:
At CTS, we look after each other and support everyone on our team. We’re proud of our people-centered culture; our diversity brings us innovation and our commitment to inclusion drives us forward. If you share these values and would be interested in joining one of our teams, get in touch today!
We asked employees of CTS & CloudM how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at CTS & CloudM
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)
Manchester (Head Office), London, Edinburgh and Utrecht