3–4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Head of Delivery
CTS are looking to hire a Head of Delivery for their growing GCP team. As the successful applicant, you will be a key part of its GCP leadership team, with colleagues including our GCP CTOs, Head of Engineering and Head of Managed Services.
You will be responsible for ensuring GCP project success. You will drive to continuously improve the sophistication, iterative mindset and continuous improvement focus for our delivery of complex projects; ranging from migrations to machine learning. You will be experienced in the operation of high performing consulting teams, and will understand how to develop and track metrics for our success.
You’ll be a passionate believer in Agile principles, and capable of evangelising these internally and externally. You’ll set a high bar for diverse recruitment of new hires, and will be equally excited about devising new training and development opportunities for your existing team of delivery managers and agile practitioners.
We are looking for a fun, organised and highly motivated individual with a proactive approach and proven leadership skills. The ‘fun’ part is important to us. If you like life in a large corporate environment with highly defined swimlanes and a lot of pie charts, this probably isn’t for you. If however, you’re excited to help evolve a growing cloud delivery practice to be the best in our field, we’d love to talk to you further about the opportunity.
What you’ll do:
- Own the success of delivery and overall delivery management within our GCP practice. You will help to set, and then achieve, targets linked to financial elements and customer satisfaction.
- You will drive collaboration between sales, delivery, finance and related teams - with a focus on strong financial performance, happy customers and happy team members.
- You’ll review and improve processes, regularly, as we evolve. For example, we are deploying a new PSA solution currently.
- You’ll be a point of escalation where needed, and work on improving processes to avoid future escalations.
- You’ll drive continuous improvement into our workflows so it becomes the norm.
- You will hire, train, develop and manage the performance of your team. This will include regular scheduled 1-1s and coaching.
- You’ll present our approach to agile project management in sales meetings, and help to create new content that explains our approach ever more clearly.
- You’ll work to encourage and measure the use of Agile methodologies where appropriate.
- This is a fast growing and evolving environment. You’ll contribute new ideas into your team, peers and the wider organisation on things we could do better as we grow.
- When building and hiring in your team you will consider diversity of thought and the value of having different experiences within your team.
- You will encourage your team to contribute to, and allow them reasonable time off for, our various CSR initiatives. Whether they are part of our Environmental Board, our DEI community or our Charity Team - they are all key parts of our culture and we encourage people to get involved.
- You’ll be considerate of our environmental procurement policy which means that you and your team will use local and environmentally friendly suppliers wherever possible.
- You’ll get involved in our drive towards social progress where possible. Whether that’s getting involved in one of our community projects or simply buying local when travelling with the company.
- Direct personal experience of delivering complex IT projects to external clients.
- Experience of delivering projects involving software development, data or public cloud infrastructure would be highly advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You’re a confident presenter, able to convince people of the merits of agile project management done right.
- You care about people and your team. You’re an inspiring leader that can help people to develop in their own career.
- You’re good with the relevant numbers and metrics linked to delivering professional services projects.
- You have a detailed knowledge of an industry recognised project management methodologies, including both Waterfall and Agile principles. You will have had formal training in the art of project management.
- You have a good knowledge of IT, and you are excited by the opportunities that cloud computing presents.
- Willingness to travel to visit clients, when required
- You love to take ownership, take initiative and make things happen. You have real entrepreneurial drive/spirit, and willingness to ‘get involved’ and ‘crack on’ for the benefit of CTS, Google and our clients.
- Demonstrable experience from a similar type of company that you can refer to as we grow.
- Prior knowledge and/or certifications linked to GCP technologies.
What you’ll get:
In addition to the competitive salary (see our “Fair pay. Done right” commitment below), you’ll get private health insurance and company contributed pensions as standard.
We have a multitude of other benefits, including a market leading parental leave policy, unlimited paid holidays, regular opportunities to attain industry recognised training and access to a discounts and rewards programme (including discounted gym membership). We've also recently announced our Work From Anywhere policy!
You’ll be invited to the bi-annual international company ‘kick off’ conferences, which are a great chance to meet your colleagues that you don’t see everyday.
As part of our DNA, we offer a flexible working environment, so we encourage you to apply and ask if this is something you require.
Our "Fair Pay. Done Right." commitment; We don't advertise salary brackets because we don't have salary brackets. We encourage conversation about your (and our) salary expectations from the off and throughout your time with us, but we don't want to discourage anyone from applying because they are on significantly more or less than a "bracket".
We have offices based in Manchester, Edinburgh, London & Utrecht. However we are more than happy to consider remote working for this position.
So what’s next?
Contact us directly at email@example.com for more info.
CTS is the largest dedicated Google Cloud practice in Europe and one of the world’s leading cloud transformation experts. We offer a unique full stack Google Cloud solution for businesses, encompassing cloud migration, transformative working and IT infrastructure, through to machine learning, big data and app development.
We have a brilliant team of more than 230 people in offices in Manchester, Edinburgh, London & Utrecht as well as across our globally remote workforce. But we’re still growing, and that means we need more brilliant people who share our ambition to join our team.
We’re committed to equal opportunities and actively promote a diverse and inclusive working environment, and fairness for everyone.