3–4 days per week at home
A little flex time
Associate Platform Engineer
As an Associate Platform Engineer for CTS you will be at the forefront of cloud technology. You will work with customers to assess and understand their technical requirements. You’ll work alongside a talented team of Platform Engineers to design, build and support highly innovative cloud infrastructure solutions in Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
You’ll gain an in-depth understanding of the key principles of cloud computing, such as containerisation, infrastructure as code (IaC) and Microservice architectures. You will develop a specialism in GCP services, and will gain hands-on experience with cutting edge technologies such as Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker, Ansible and many more.
You’ll work on projects for our extremely diverse customer base, ranging from public sector organisations, to retail, financial services, media and hospitality industries. Each customer has their own unique set of requirements and challenges to overcome. You can be sure no two projects would be the same.
Exposure to a wide variety of cutting edge technologies and software is a given in this fast paced and varied role.
Please note: this role is open to recent university graduates who have completed Computing/Computer Science related degrees, and are looking for an opportunity to enter the Cloud Computing industry.
For this role we are able to offer:
- Hybrid working - you can work from where you want, when you want.
- Flexible hours - we ask that you work during core hours (10-4) to help with collaboration, but outside of that you can work when suits you
- Work with customers to implement project requirements and technical designs including support of existing technology deployments
- Support Professional Services engagements as a technical resource to assist customers and sales engineers with technical design decisions
- Assist customers in understanding how cloud technology can help them grow and the benefits it offers.
- Exposure to software development principles
- Hands on experience of Linux (Debian, Redhat / CentOS, Ubuntu)
- An understanding of infrastructure as code, why it is used and the benefits it brings
- Experience automating system administration tasks using BASH, Python, Go, etc.
- A passion for learning new technologies and skills
- GCP, AWS or Azure certification to a professional level
- Exposure to public cloud technologies in a production environment
- An understanding of containerisation technologies and the benefits they provide
- Hands on experience developing software and applications
- Deployment of configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack or Chef)
What you’ll get:
In addition to the competitive salary and unlimited holiday allowance (+10 learning days), you’ll get private health insurance and company contributed pensions as standard.
You’ll be invited to the bi-annual international company ‘kick off’ conferences, which are a great chance to meet your colleagues that you don’t see everyday.
As part of our DNA, we offer a flexible working environment, so we encourage you to apply and ask if this is something you require.
You could be based anywhere in the Netherlands and work fully remote if that would be your preference. You can choose to work from the office (Utrecht) as often as you like. There might be some occasional travel to the head office in Manchester and to customer sites in the Netherlands.
So what’s next?
Contact us directly at email@example.com for more info.
CTS is the largest dedicated Google Cloud practice in Europe and one of the world’s leading cloud transformation experts. We offer a unique full stack Google Cloud solution for businesses, encompassing cloud migration, transformative working and IT infrastructure, through to machine learning, big data and app development.
We have a brilliant team of more than 230 people in offices in Manchester, Edinburgh, London & Utrecht as well as across our globally remote workforce. But we’re still growing, and that means we need more brilliant people who share our ambition to join our team.
We’re committed to equal opportunities and actively promote a diverse and inclusive working environment, and fairness for everyone.