Fully flexible hours
Who We Are
Cobalt provides the world's largest pentesting platform, delivering thousands of pentests per year. Cobalt's Pentest as a Service (PtaaS) platform is modernizing traditional pentesting. By combining a SaaS platform with an exclusive community of testers, we deliver the real-time insights you need to remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. We see the Pentest as a Service model as a first step in our vision to create a new interface to the security workforce. We have seen tremendous traction over the years and today we have 1000+ customers on Cobalt's platform, ranging in size from Fortune 50 companies to emerging tech start-ups.
We are remote-first with local hubs in Austin, Boston, Berlin, and San Francisco. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our team is characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
We have secured more than $50M in funding from a variety of top flight investors, led by Highland Europe. We are using our funding to expand global usage and continue development of the Cobalt platform, which pioneered the Penetration test as a Service (PtaaS) model.
Cobalt is looking for an experienced Talent Manager who can help our organization grow and support our rapidly expanding business. The right person will be comfortable spanning the full array of Talent related tasks, and developing the function to world class excellence. This role will be based in either the Central or East Coast time zones of the United States and will report to our Senior Director of People.
What You'll Do
- Recruiting: Work closely with our departments to manage the recruiting process. Screen candidates, review CVs, source passive prospects, provide support for interviewers, and ensure a positive candidate experience. Proactively partner with hiring managers on future team needs and skill sets.
- People management: Directly manage a team of recruitment coordinators and recruiters that are globally distributed. Coach and mentor team members to motivate and develop professional skills and provide appropriate feedback.
- Talent policies: Work with our leadership team to identify areas of growth for the talent team. This includes being a part owner of yearly headcount planning.
- Employer branding: Find, manage and partner with appropriate internal & external resources to support Cobalt’s growth as global remote employer of choice.
- Employee experience: Partner with People Operations and Finance teams to ensure Cobalt remains a competitive employer in the marketplace.
- Talent strategy: Cobalt is continuing to expand! You will have to proactively identify ways to hire global talent. You must understand Cobalt’s strategy and effectively create a talent plan to support those initiatives.
- Tracking & Reporting Metrics: Define Talent Team OKR’s, metrics, and update dashboard reports to increase Talent’s visibility across the organization.
- 5 - 7 years of talent, recruitment, and management experience.
- Experience working in a fast paced tech environment with changing priorities.
- Strong communication skills. As the Talent Manager, you own talent communication to the wider Cobalt audience.
- Experience working with a variety of tools including G-Suite, Greenhouse, LinkedIn Recruiter, Slack…etc.
- People / Team management experience. This position has direct reports that are globally distributed.
- Strong process, reporting, and project management skills. In addition to actively recruiting for and filling open positions, you will own talent related company projects.
- Great people skills and ability to partner with leaders of various functions. You will be a part of the extended leadership team.
- Ability to make decisions and create results that move the business forward.
- Embrace and live our Cobalt Values!
- Humble Learning
- Lead with Grit
- Quality at Speed
- One Cobalt
Diversity at Cobalt
With over 45 nationalities already at Cobalt (and counting) we respect and celebrate diversity! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or place of origin. We support each other and are grateful for each Cobalter's contribution to our mission — let's make security dance!
Please apply even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Why You Should Join Us
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Save for the future with a 401(k) program (US) or pension (EU)
- Benefit from medical, dental, vision and life insurance (US) or statutory healthcare (EU)
- Leverage stipends for:
- Work-from-home equipment & wifi
- Learning & development
- Unlimited books
- Treat yourself to paid remote lunches
- Make the most of our flexible, generous paid time off, and 16-weeks of paid parental leave
- Work remotely from anywhere in the US, the UK, or Germany
- Explore the world with our travel bonus payouts at your 2, 3, and 5 year anniversary