Fully flexible hours
Who We Are
Cobalt provides the world's largest pentesting platform, delivering thousands of pentests per year. Cobalt's Pentest as a Service (PtaaS) platform is modernizing traditional pentesting. By combining a SaaS platform with an exclusive community of testers, we deliver the real-time insights you need to remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. We see the Pentest as a Service model as a first step in our vision to create a new interface to the security workforce. We have seen tremendous traction over the years and today we have 1000+ customers on Cobalt's platform, ranging in size from Fortune 50 companies to emerging tech start-ups.
We are remote-first with local hubs in Austin, Boston, Berlin, and San Francisco. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our team is characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
We have secured more than $50M in funding from a variety of top flight investors, led by Highland Europe. We are using our funding to expand global usage and continue development of the Cobalt platform, which pioneered the Penetration test as a Service (PtaaS) model.
Today, Cobalt helps secure more than 1,000 leading companies like Dell, Solarisbank, Verifone, HubSpot, and DocuSign by connecting them with on-demand pentesting experts. The application brings both sides together to identify, triage, and fix vulnerabilities. Seven years and 20K penetration tests later, our technology has been battle-tested by thousands of users.
What’s next? Cobalt is building a Collaboration team to further streamline the workflow between pentesters and our customers’ internal teams. You’ll shape this new team and help define our charter for real-time collaboration and messaging, as well as async notifications and comments, and our use of collaboration platforms like Slack. You’ll work collaboratively with product managers and product designers to drive the implementation and release of major features, and be a champion of best practices for writing well-tested, well-organized code.
What You'll Do
- Work in a remote-first, globally distributed engineering team with bases in the US, Germany, and the UK.
- Make an impact as we build the best Pentest as a Service Platform.
- Be an active member of a cross-functional product development team that frequently interfaces with business stakeholders.
- Make decisions about code design, architecture, and refactoring to balance technical debt against delivering functionality.
- Consistently deliver high quality features and functionality.
- Plan and lead testing for integration projects.
- Review code and mentor other engineers.
- Provide time estimates and participate in agile development and continuous delivery processes.
- Review specifications and work with PMs and Designers to drive sprints.
You Identify As
- A Self-Starter. As a senior member of the team, you’ll feel at home as a hands-on, self-directed contributor who drives initiatives within the team and cross-team, for the product and for other engineers.
- A Team-Player. You collaborate with other engineers and the Product team (PMs, Product Designers) daily to deliver high quality features on-time and identify ways to continuously improve how you and your team work.
- A Technical-Interface. Not only internally, but with customers and other stakeholders, you’ll help others understand technical complexities and opportunities in terms they’ll understand.
- 5+ years development experience
- Strong grasp of SOLID principles with a commitment to engineering excellence
- Ability to communicate effectively in an asynchronous environment
- High comfort level with a remote-first and a global company
- Experience with full stack architectures, working with RESTful API design and implementation
- Familiarity with Agile, DevOps, and CI/CD
- Exposure to cloud architectures - we’re on Google Cloud
- Deep understanding of the SDLC tooling ecosystem (+ security tools, even better)
- Ability to build scalable, maintainable, and performant production code
- Good written and verbal communication in English
Bonus if you Have
- Experience in a SaaS company
- Experience with integrating collaboration tools + APIs (e.g. Slack)
- Experience with K8s, GCP, Terraform
- Experience in the cybersecurity industry / knowledge of best practices
Diversity at Cobalt
With over 45 nationalities already at Cobalt (and counting) we respect and celebrate diversity! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or place of origin. We support each other and are grateful for each Cobalter's contribution to our mission — let's make security dance!
Please apply even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Why You Should Join Us
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Save for the future with a 401(k) program (US) or pension (EU)
- Benefit from medical, dental, vision and life insurance (US) or statutory healthcare (EU)
- Treat yourself to paid remote lunches
- Get to know your team during our quarterly team events
- Leverage stipends for:
- Work-from-home equipment & wifi
- Learning & development
- Unlimited books
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Make the most of our flexible, generous paid time off
- Work remotely from anywhere in the US, the UK or Germany
- Explore the world with our travel bonus payouts at your 2, 3, and 5 year anniversary