Fully flexible hours
Who We Are
Cobalt provides the world's largest pentesting platform, delivering thousands of pentests per year. Cobalt's Pentest as a Service (PtaaS) platform is modernizing traditional pentesting. By combining a SaaS platform with an exclusive community of testers, we deliver the real-time insights you need to remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. We see the Pentest as a Service model as a first step in our vision to create a new interface to the security workforce. We have seen tremendous traction over the years and today we have 1000+ customers on Cobalt's platform, ranging in size from Fortune 50 companies to emerging tech start-ups.
We are remote-first with local hubs in Austin, Boston, Berlin, and San Francisco. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our team is characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
We have secured more than $50M in funding from a variety of top flight investors, led by Highland Europe. We are using our funding to expand global usage and continue development of the Cobalt platform, which pioneered the Penetration test as a Service (PtaaS) model.
All organizations need security testing for their software and we are building the world’s largest and smartest pentest management platform to help solve this challenge at scale. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager who is excited about accelerating customer growth. As Product Manager for the Growth Experience team your mission is to attract, acquire and activate new customers to the Cobalt service.
Being at the top of the funnel, you will optimize conversion across the various phases for all our customers, whether they are engineering leads in start-ups to security executives in global enterprise companies. You will merge attention to detail with the ability to understand and align business objectives, while working collaboratively with our GTM teams to drive customer insights and inputs directly into the development process.
Initiative and curiosity are critical to this role - we will validate assumptions about our customer segments with testing to continuously provide a seamless, frictionless awareness, purchasing and onboarding experience.
What You'll Do
- Own the product strategy for your area. Ensure that it aligns with the overall product and company vision. Be an expert in the domain, the market, the trends. Evangelize the vision constantly so all stakeholders are aligned, have context and understand where we are going.
- Identify and prioritize the optimization of various customer buyer journeys in partnership with Sales, Marketing, Design, Engineering and Revenue Operations in a customer-centric and data informed approach.
- Measure success. Success measures must be defined at the inception of an experiment of hypothesis and tracked throughout its lifecycle. Define metrics and track key business and usage analytics. Work with Product and Revenue Operations to ensure a holistic view of how each initiative is impacting the Cobalt business.
- As a Growth Product Manager, you will be focused on improving specific business metrics or goals.
- Manage the Growth Experience roadmap by focusing on the top problems to solve in creating a frictionless buying experience. Make tough tactical prioritization decisions while enabling the company to think long-term. Build trust with stakeholders by articulating a clear product vision and strategy. Maintain an understandable, accurate roadmap that is updated based on the team’s velocity.
- Drive alignment and collaboration across teams. We win or lose as a team. Product managers are a critical role in creating alignment between engineering teams and stakeholders.
- Develop familiarity with information security, security operations, vulnerability disclosure, vulnerability management and other security domain areas.
- Become fluent in pentesting best practices. You are ready to discuss and demonstrate product details with developers, product designers, security operations, pentesters, customers and sales prospects.
- 5+ years experience in Product Management with demonstrated ability to discover new opportunities, and define and deliver products, preferably in the e-Commerce domain. Experience in a fast-growing start-up is a plus. Experience in the security industry is a bonus point!
- Strong user and stakeholder empathy. You must not only be the voice of multiple users but at various times the voice of marketing, finance, engineering, sales, and customer success. You must be able to channel many points of view but then prioritize to execute value in an agile fashion.
- A strong analytical and data-informed mindset with a bias for action. You are a creative thinker who has proven to build innovative, data-driven products. You are passionate about A/B testing. You have experience working with analytics services such as Google Analytics, Pendo, etc. Bonus points for advanced data proficiency, including SQL, BI tools and experience working closely with product and data analysts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. You’re great at explaining highly technical topics to technical and non-technical audiences, with a talent for building empathy for user problems. You have the ability to encourage your team to build better products that deliver high customer value and drive strategic impact.
- Ability to communicate directly and clearly, mainly because you are a careful and active listener.
- A can-do attitude and the ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Experience with agile software development working with global team members
Diversity at Cobalt
With over 45 nationalities already at Cobalt (and counting) we respect and celebrate diversity! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or place of origin. We support each other and are grateful for each Cobalter's contribution to our mission — let's make security dance!
Please apply even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Why You Should Join Us
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Save for the future with pension and benefit from statutory healthcare
- Treat yourself to paid remote lunches
- Get to know your team during our team events
- Leverage stipends for:
- Work-from-home equipment & wifi
- Learning & development
- Unlimited books
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Make the most of our flexible, generous paid time off
- Work remotely from anywhere in the UK or Germany
- Explore the world with our travel bonus payouts at your 2, 3, and 5 year anniversary