Fully flexible hours
Who We Are
Cobalt provides the world's largest pentesting platform, delivering thousands of pentests per year. Cobalt's Pentest as a Service (PtaaS) platform is modernizing traditional pentesting. By combining a SaaS platform with an exclusive community of testers, we deliver the real-time insights you need to remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. We see the Pentest as a Service model as a first step in our vision to create a new interface to the security workforce. We have seen tremendous traction over the years and today we have 1000+ customers on Cobalt's platform, ranging in size from Fortune 50 companies to emerging tech start-ups.
We are remote-first with local hubs distributed across the US, Germany, and the UK. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our team is characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
We have secured more than $50M in funding from a variety of top flight investors, led by Highland Europe. We are using our funding to expand global usage and continue development of the Cobalt platform, which pioneered the Penetration test as a Service (PtaaS) model.
All organizations need security testing for their software and we are building the world’s largest and smartest pentest management platform to help solve this challenge at scale.
Our mission in the Growth Experience Team is to attract, acquire and activate new customers to the Cobalt service. Our team is composed of a core of Engineers, Product Manager and Product Designer while we have Data-, Marketing- and Sales-members just a Slack message away. We believe that the best outcomes originate from a team where everyone has a deep understanding of the problem, thus our engineers not only develop code but also collaborate in ideation, data analysis and hypothesis definition. This enables us to implement experiments at a high pace.
What You'll Do
- Be an active member of a cross-functional Growth Team as we build the best Pentesting-as-a-Service (PtaaS) platform
- Collaborate with product, marketing, and data teams to analyze opportunities, brainstorm ideas and deliver creative experiments to achieve growth goals for the company
- Work within a remote-first engineering team
- Participate in agile development and continuous delivery processes
- 5+ years of professional experience with web development
- Experience in creating and consuming RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of application architecture, security, and reliability concepts
- A proactive attitude & willingness to participate in team discussions
- A collaborative mindset with the wish to work alongside UX/UI designers
- A high comfort level within a remote-first, globally distributed company
- An analytical mindset and interest in data
- A growth-oriented mindset — you're always interested in learning and stepping out of your comfort zone
- Good written and verbal communication in English
Bonus If You Have
- Experience working in a Growth Team or in a startup
- Experience in Ruby
- Experience providing support and guidance to other developers
Diversity at Cobalt
With over 45 nationalities already at Cobalt (and counting) we respect and celebrate diversity! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or place of origin. We support each other and are grateful for each Cobalter's contribution to our mission — let's make security dance!
Please apply even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Why You Should Join Us
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Save for the future with pension and benefit from statutory healthcare
- Treat yourself to paid remote lunches
- Get to know your team during our team events
- Leverage stipends for:
- Work-from-home equipment & wifi
- Learning & development
- Unlimited books
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Make the most of our flexible, generous paid time off
- Work remotely from anywhere in the UK or Germany
- Explore the world with our travel bonus payouts at your 2, 3, and 5 year anniversary