Who We Are
Cobalt was founded on the belief that pentesting can be better. Our pentests start in as little as 24 hours and integrate with modern development cycles thanks to the powerful combination of a SaaS platform coupled with an exclusive community of testers known as the Cobalt Core. Accepting just 5% of applicants, the Core boasts over 400 closely vetted and highly skilled testers who jointly conduct thousands of tests each year.
Our award-winning, fully remote team is committed to helping agile businesses remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. Today, over 1,000 customers use Cobalt to run pentests on demand via Pentest as a Service, AKA PtaaS, a space which Cobalt pioneered (you could even say we wrote the book on it) and continues to lead.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Account Executive to join our growing North America Sales Team. In this role, you will be responsible for selling our pentesting services and platform to our SMB market. This position is an end-to-end sales role, so you'll be expected to prospect for accounts, create a pipeline, conduct demo meetings, and sign new customers. While you are here, you will work with a great sales team that will provide training and the opportunity for career advancement.
What You'll Do
- Research target accounts and identify key players
- Prospect, develop and close a continuous pipeline of opportunities
- Probe for additional contacts w/opportunities
- Maintain and improve existing practices, processes and tools
- Perform sales projections and provide sales reporting to management
- Conduct sales presentations and demonstrations with target accounts
- 5+ years experience with B2B Sales, in a closing role
- Passion about selling through multiple channels
- Account Management experience
- A proven track record of over-achieving sales goals
- Strong work ethic and a true results-oriented approach
- Technical Sales background
- Residency in the United States
Bonus If You Have
- Prior experience selling SaaS products to CTO/CISOs
- Experience with selling security products
- Understanding of web application security and selling to IT customers.
- Experience in start-up environments
- Salesforce experience
Diversity at Cobalt
With over 45 nationalities already at Cobalt (and counting) we respect and celebrate diversity! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or place of origin. We support each other and are grateful for each Cobalter's contribution to our mission — let's make security dance!
Please apply even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Why You Should Join Us
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Save for the future with a 401(k) program (US)
- Benefit from medical, dental, vision and life insurance (US)
- Leverage stipends for:
- Work-from-home equipment & wifi
- Learning & development
- Unlimited books
- Treat yourself to paid remote lunches
- Make the most of our flexible, generous paid time off
- Work remotely from anywhere in the US
- Explore the world with our travel bonus payouts at your 2, 3, and 5 year anniversary
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Cobalt provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Cobalt is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Cobalt
Gender diversity (male:female)
USA, Germany, UK
What employees are saying
"Part of the reason why I joined Cobalt was the flexibility – being able to work from home, take care of my dog, run errands, and also unplug after hours was important to me, and everyone at Cobalt gets it."
Anonymous Cobalt Employee