Who We Are
Cobalt was founded on the belief that pentesting can be better. Our pentests start in as little as 24 hours and integrate with modern development cycles thanks to the powerful combination of a SaaS platform coupled with an exclusive community of testers known as the Cobalt Core. Accepting just 5% of applicants, the Core boasts over 400 closely vetted and highly skilled testers who jointly conduct thousands of tests each year.
Our award-winning, fully remote team is committed to helping agile businesses remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. Today, over 1,000 customers use Cobalt to run pentests on demand via Pentest as a Service, AKA PtaaS, a space which Cobalt pioneered (you could even say we wrote the book on it) and continues to lead.
We are looking for a passionate, driven, self-starter to join our team as a Security Consultant. Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Professional Services, you will be responsible for designing and delivering consultative services to enrich the value offered by Cobalt to its customers. You must be currently located in the United States!
What You'll Do
- Conduct penetration testing engagements including, but not limited to: IoT, Red Team, Phishing, Wireless, Physical, and Code Review assessments.
- Meet with customers and pentesters to determine potential service offerings
- Work to design offerings that enhance the value of Cobalt without diverging from our core mission
- Establish a trusted/strategic advisor relationship with customers
- Develop, prepare, and nurture customers for advocacy
- Train and prepare the sales and CS teams on service offerings
- Attend and speak at industry events
- Work with customers to establish critical goals, or other key performance indicators and aid the customer in achieving their goals
- Manage a book of business and ensure continued quarter over quarter growth
- Interface with internal and external C-level executives
- Currently located in the United States
- 2+ years of penetration testing or relevant experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset; you are able to build a business or portfolio through creating strong relationships and partnerships
- Multi-tasking skills and the flexibility to adjust to changing priorities on-the-fly
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Experience presenting or speaking at security events
- Prior experience working in a very detail-oriented and analytical environment
- Prior experience closing sales deals and speaking with C-level executives
- Drive, no one needs to push you to excel; it’s just who you are
- Eagerness to learn, adapt, and perfect your work; you seek out help and put it to good use
- A strong desire to help and serve our customers: They win, so you win
- Willingness to travel 25%+ as required to serve customers
Bonus If You Have
- IoT, Red Team, Phishing, Wireless Testing, and Physical Assessment experience.
- Experience building service offerings
- Sales or customer success management experience
Diversity at Cobalt
With over 45 nationalities already at Cobalt (and counting) we respect and celebrate diversity! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or place of origin. We support each other and are grateful for each Cobalter's contribution to our mission — let's make security dance!
Please apply even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Why You Should Join Us
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Save for the future with a 401(k) program (US)
- Benefit from medical, dental, vision and life insurance (US)
- Leverage stipends for:
- Work-from-home equipment & wifi
- Learning & development
- Unlimited books
- Treat yourself to paid remote lunches
- Make the most of our flexible, generous paid time off
- Work remotely from anywhere in the US
- Explore the world with our travel bonus payouts at your 2, 3, and 5 year anniversary
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Cobalt provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Cobalt is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Cobalt
Gender diversity (male:female)
USA, Germany, UK
What employees are saying
"Part of the reason why I joined Cobalt was the flexibility – being able to work from home, take care of my dog, run errands, and also unplug after hours was important to me, and everyone at Cobalt gets it."
Anonymous Cobalt Employee